1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Elves Vs Humans

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by KingX, Nov 21, 2010.

1. KingX

KingX Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I know this has probably came up time and time again but me and a guildy where just having a conversation about it.

For a sampire, wammy archer and such what one is better

I was always under the impression that the 20 mana from elves made them better.

His reasoning was the lmc from joat made humans better.

so what is the verdict?

2. Fernadious

Fernadious Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

He was right till they changed the lmc for special moves from joat. So from there it depends on you. 20 mana from Elf or Joat as Human for the Focus/Alchy etc skills ....

3. Metalstorm

Metalstorm Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I prefer human.
    Elves may get 20 more mana but humans can carry more weight and they regenerate stamina, health and mana a tad quicker.

You'd think they'd give elves an archery bonus like gargoyles have for throwing. That would in my eyes, make them much more appealing.

4. eve

eve Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Agree about the archery bonus for elves..

5. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

In drawn out battles, and assuming you use all meddable armor, Humans are better. the MR you get from med+focus is better than 20 extra mana, but for bursts 20 extra mana is better. Really comes down to what you are doing and your preferences.

6. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I prefer using elf characters for my PvM sampires and archers. I find the 20 extra mana is essential so I can run max dex and high str (for hps). 20 mana would take 3 imbued mods on a suit. Plus, NS alone saves another mod too. I find the regen rates too low to outweigh the benefits of the mana and NS for PvM.

For PvP chars, I always use humans for JOAT skills and the extra regen rates.

-OBSIDIAN-