1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EM Alcor's Books

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Luka Melehan, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

In addition to the book outlining the Valentine's events, there are two more which I will read to you here.

The Wedding Book:
    EM Alcor is please to announced that he can now perform official wedding services for the citizens of Siege. Any service includes the provision of rings for the bride and groom, engraved with the messages of your choice (within reason!).

To discuss your requirements for the happy day, please leave your [character] names in this book together with an email address where I can contact you.

Thank you!

A Copy of a Letter:
    Dear Father Anthony,

As you will not be returning to the abbey for several days hence, I feel that I should write to inform you of a mysterious visitor to our halls today which has left me in a state of extreme disquiet.

The stranger arrived mid-morning, not long after Terce, as I was standing in the cloister. I watched him approach through the main doors and noted that he was dressed in the traditional attire of a master mage with a robe, cloak and pointed hat together with the accustomed mane of gray hair and whiskers. The clothes were somewhat drab and faded however, whilst his boots had clearly seen better days. He wielded a plain staff which he appeared to clutch tightly in his right hand. Yet what particularly stood out were the items of jewellery just visible beneath the folds of the robe, a necklace and bracelet of carmine red presumably fashioned from a metal beyond my knowledge.

He greeted me in a polite manner and introduced himself as Ellandor. His voice was rich and low and had the inflection of one who had been well educated. To my surprise he claimed that we had met some years earlier when I was working in the scriptorium under Brother Reece. I informed him that I had no recollection of such a meeting but he said that he would have gone under another name at that time. He told me that he was seeking to purchase four bottles of a superior wine which would be suitable to serve with red meat and naturally I suggested last year's Merlot. Without hesitation he handed over a heavy bag of gold coin far in excess of what was required as if he had no care or no knowledge of what such goods were worth. I took out the required expense and handed back the pouch and it was at this point that I first met his gaze. His eyes appeared deep and were gray much like his hair; his stare was of a piercing nature that I could not return for very long.

We then exchanged various pleasantries and spoke of the chilly weather we have been experiencing recently and the effects it may be having on the vines, and then of the state of Yew in general. Throughout the conversation, and a primary motivation for my writing this missive, I noticed that Ellandor's eyes were constantly wandering the corridors. He appeared to be studying the monks and what they were doing as well as examining the stonework of the monastery itself almost as if he was gauging the state of our readiness.

He then proceeded to ask me who was in charge of Empath at present and if we had aligned ourselves with any particular faction. Next he turned his questions to matters outside the abbey, asking if I had any news from the towns of Stonehaven, Wispwood, Iantown, Safe Haven, Gilfane and even Barter Town, the last of which he seemed to know little. And then he enquired what I had heard of the terrible assassinations of the Royal Council. I told him that I knew only what had been reported by the heralds and suggested that if he wanted further information on this he should seek out Inspector Jasper or even try to gain an audience with King Casca. To this he answered with the faintest of smiles.

At last I resolved to seek some answers for myself, yet the replies were frequently evasive or incomplete. He said he had been absent from these lands for some time and had only recently returned but from where he would not specify, merely wafting his hand vaguely and saying “far away”. I was so bold as to ask his age and again the reply was merely ambagious, but nevertheless he had previously made mention of several events that would ordinarily be known only to scholars of history such as myself. Finally I asked him what was his purpose here. At this he paused, and eventually said that he should be thought of as a guide. I asked to what he was a guide. “To the darkness” he replied, without expression.

Not surprisingly, my mind became filled with questions. Yet it was at this point, possibly sensing my disposition, that he chose to take his leave. He bowed low and thanked me for my time, then strode swiftly away along the passageway whence he had come. I stood transfixed and watched until the abbey door has closed behind him. Only then did it occur to me that he had left without the wine. I hastened after him but once I was outside he was nowhere to be seen and all I observed was a curious moongate of a rich purple color which floated on the grass a few moments before dissolving into the ether.

So it is, Dear Father, that I write to apprise you of these events whilst they remain fresh in my mind. I fell certain that this Ellandor, if that be his true name, will play some important role in the future of our land, though whether this be for good or ill I can not say. Of course, I will be happy to discuss the matter in greater detail upon your return.

Your Obedient Servant,

Brother Ellis

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Ahahahahahahaha, I can picture it now...the leaders of TnT and KoC can now marry and create the shard mega zerg...la

3. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

no- more like capulets and montagues! Will all mass suicide over love! How tragically romantic! Then, we may all travel without fear!

4. archite666

archite666 Guest

lol so many things wrong with this sentence..I cant even begin. Your attempts at baiting need much improving.

PS I really like your hair.