1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[EM Event] Britannia Games: Scavenger Hunt

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Mapper, May 27, 2011.

1. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

DATE: Friday 27th May 2011
    TIME: 8pm UK, 9pm CEST, 3pm EDT, 11pm MSK

The third event in the Britannia Games is a Scavenger Hunt. Please gather at the Counselors Hall in Britain.

Source: Britannia Games: Scavenger Hunt

2. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

[EM Event] The Report!

The introductory text to the Scavenger Hunt! I've clipped some of the talk about cookies in Alliance chat... sorry Ayara, but Maryland Big Chunky Cookies are still delish! And some of the chat which isn't directly related to the quest for ease of following...

We then declared ourselves and for which city... with a surprising amount of people declaring for Trinsic! And a quite a few late comers arrived which, in a truly Olympian style, were rather suspiciously assigned to Britain. Not that anyone we knew came from Britain. Not at all! Once we were all registered, Fynn spawned blank books for everyone;

The gate arrived next to the entrance to Heartwood. Which was lucky for me, as I live in Yew! And recently the EMs place a memorial by Empath Abbey for one of our guild who passed away in November, as that is where the Sosaria Red Cross first met; we gathered there independently to aid The Black Cobra who was resurrecting those who fell defending Yew from the initial Plague of Despair in 2002.

So I knew the area well... but of course, we all proceeded to run into the nearest building and look inside the bookcases and chests! None of the items were inside though; this was the location of the items. Notice us all explaining in the final shot to Hex that he needs glasses, as he couldn't find the one in Empath Abbey! :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what were the final results? Well, for a while I thought I had no clue what they would be, as sitting in the Councillors Hall after completing, Silver Shade terrified us all by talking about a bright pink carpet he had found in Yew, and most of us hadn't seen! But over to Nathan again!

How long did it take me to come second? I finished in around 5 minutes I think it was. But as I recalled in, Zeus was already back; I was kind of hoping he was just annoying Nathan, but alas he had done a well deserved lightning location of items. How were we both so quick? Well speaking for myself, you can see above that the Pinco UI marks all the locations with in game names on the map. And I knew it had to be a named location as we needed to declare it in the book hand in. As mentioned too it's my home town and the one I'm declaring for (the villa in a tree behind Empath Abbey in that last shot is mine), so once I twigged they would be all visible in the house, and not hidden in chests, it was a question of simply legging it from marked spot to spot and then typing the results as fast as I could!

3. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Re: [EM Event] The Report!

Very nice report! Looked lots of fun.

Overall totals from the EM website:

4. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

So what pink carpet was for?

Even with uncompressed images EC is eyesore for me.

5. Adol

Adol Certifiable

Which is why I tend not to compress them, as the detail is fuzzy enough when zoomed, even with the 1 click per scroll trick! If anyone has any problems loading them though just say, and I'll edit future screen-shots...