1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

NEWS [EM Event] "Tis the Season!" - Sunday December 16th 2012 @ 10pm EST!

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Faeryl, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

"Tis the Season!" - Sunday December 16th 2012 @ 10pm EST!

Tis the Season! Atlantic EM Hall on Sunday December 16th 2012 @ 10pm EST!

2. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Grrrr. Went to the movies to see the hobbit, rushed home, 10:45 and event tree is done!!! Other shards hot 12 hours, we get 30 minutes.. Really? Really?? Oh well, saw one for sale, only a 100mil buyout option. Par for the course on Atlantic I guess..

3. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

30 minutes is a matter of perspective... there were crimson dragons, elementals and other things going around. The trees were up for about 12 minutes after most of the stuff was dead. People were still fighting/getting rezed when the trees were taken down.

4. Rya.II

Rya.II Visitor

after that revert you really f******** care about that tree?
    this is just beyong ridiculous...I lost both my houses....I am so done!

5. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

He posted that about 10 minutes before revert was announced.

6. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Everything was dead when the trees came down sorry there bud but yeah we now have a Much larger issue, But when is the event going again?

7. Rya.II

Rya.II Visitor

one question...is it true that they were giving out the little trees today for 5 minutes to some people on atlantic?
    people in general chat were saying this.
    if so...sorry but thats just another slap in the face to people on atlantic!
    why is there no announcement?

8. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Evidently, there will be random announcements in general chat and a couple of the other channels when there is a gate going up somewhere for people to get the trees.

Really, completely lame- then again, not surprising considering who is doing it.

Given everything Atlantic has been through lately, they should just put up the tree and leave it up for a day or so.

9. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Before you go on a rant about this being a 'slap in the face' and demanding to know why there was no announcement, take two seconds before posting to actually go check the EM forums. There WAS an announcement posted by Bennu. For your convenience, and to inform others, I'll quote it here.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/charlie-brown-christmas-trees.290197/

EM_Bennu likes this.
  10. Rya.II

Rya.II Visitor

thank you and fyi I checked the board and ingame and in the guild and no one could tell me something besides those who said yes the tree was there for 5mins! And sorry I did just check the atlantic EM Forum in the Atlantic Shard board for it and didnt find any thread for it there!

Still I dont see the problem why, and especially after the revert, the tree is not accessible for all players as a little gift and a more "official" announcement because almost all people in gern chat were wondering when the tree was given out to players again.
    The last time a lot more people knew about the event and had fun participating.

On Chesapeake for example the tree was there with a lifespan of serveral hours giving a lot of players the chance to get one.

#10 Rya.II, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  11. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Rya, tree is or was locked down in the reward hall in Malas, go to the em hall in Brit, near blackthorns castle and double click the red sparkles outside on the corner of the building. It will throw you to it's location if its still there!! Good luck