1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EM Events..

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dragonater, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Posted this in Chessy EM forum but not much activity there so thought I'd try here.

Just wondering why there isn't any description for posted events. Example..tonight's event "A Paladins's Plunder" has no description other than the title. It may mean something to those "in the know" but to a recent returnee, like myself, I haven't a clue. I assume (which is never a good idea) we'll be fighting something, but what. I'm not saying every detail should be layed out but some idea would be helpful in determining which character to bring and how to equip, etc. Is it just policy not to give any info or is it because most are vets and know what to expect. It's just a little frustrating for those of us that aren't and are in the dark but want to participate.

2. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Europa events usually start by discussing the current situation as well as what has been discovered or agreed upon in the previous event and end by determining a date and a mission for the next event. Our event announcements also include statements like "Come prepared to fight!" or "Primarily a roleplaying event but some combat may be involved" to inform us what to expect. I used to reach the event hall a little late every now and then and ask about the previous event or the current mission which our EMs always summarized at the expense of a crowd that already got anxious to fight. I don't do that anymore, however, I now ask about the event from the Event chat channel and other helpful players explain the previous events.

Sure, I can also read the event reports on shard forums written by the news reporters or other members of the community like [Report] Jhelom-Moonglow War [01/04/2012] | Stratics Forums . We also have an archive of old reports by Mapper here: Europa History | Europa History is an archive of EM Events on the Europa shard on the MMO Ultima Online.

3. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I am not sure if Chessy has a reporter or not....

Maybe some of those dedicated Chessy folks who play a good deal should apply for a reporter slot. Makes it easier for folks to stay up to date.