1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EM Litterbug

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sweeney, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

If you can lock down books in the middle of the floor, why can't you lock down a table to put them on? Doing NEW a favor is one thing (favoritism), but please be a bit more courteous about things being put willy-nilly on the ground.

I should also add that there is also room on a table in the bank already for a book.

2. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Because you can run over a book, but not a table. A hot PvP zone needs less obstacles, not more.

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Yeah but Luna bank already has a table (added comment by editing).

4. I'm the one who placed them where they would be most noticed by newcomers. The EM was kind enough to do as I asked and lock them where I placed. You can call it favouritism, I call it helping the shard.

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*nods* I support this action as a player.

6. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I honestly don't see what the problem is. Yes, it may annoy you if you don't like the visuals of the book, but it's not impeding anyone at all. Also, it is nothing like the mass dumping of books across shards by people advertising gold flogging etc. And the relentless self aggrandising ( again, across the shards although some more than others ) of A Certain Guild. Whis IS a mess and irritating. This is just being helpful.

7. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Those books can be picked up and moved. I only have an issue with the lousy placement of a locked down item that would be an eyesore to any RPer or some non-RPers as well.

8. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

If every guild dropped a book on the floor of the Luna bank and had it locked down.. maybe they all should. Let's clutter it up.

9. Daleth

Daleth Guest

why dont they convert one of the rooms upstairs at the Luna Bank into the Luna library and then you can put all the books you want into it! We could call it the Kelmo, Petra, and Vortex Moderator Library!! (yeah I know I'm sucking up).

10. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If you want a book to be noticed then it needs to be just outside the entrance
    of any bank!
    Placing that book on a table or in a library will lessen the visibility to those
    who need to see it.
    A book on the ground naturally attracts viewship.
    I will not comment further about what the EM does.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

11. archite666

archite666 Guest

Just to make it clear, this is the coolest thing iv seen from an EM in a long time, shalimar was busting her butt putting those books there all the time, they were there anyway he just saved her sometime.

So quit complaining before he reads this thread and thinks we arnt eternally greatful for what he did.

12. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks Daleth, but I would shudder to think what some people would do to the Vortex book when I'm not looking...

13. archite666

archite666 Guest

I believe I have a video compilation that me and haha put together that would sum it up pretty well.

14. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

*shudders*

15. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Library of Poo!!!

Gross......lol

16. NEW is a service guild, and temporary. We are here to help any and all newcomers. We will and do contact any guild our new players wish to join, therefore we are unique and not in competition with any other guild, nor do we wish to be.

You, Sweeney, need to get that big knot out of your knickers and lighten up. Try to understand the ins and outs of something before you attempt to knock it. These books are a good thing for this shard as is any GOOD publicity. The books are coloured to make them more noticeable, they aren't meant to be esthetic, if they were they would 'blend in' and not be easily seen, rendering them useless.