1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] EM Names

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Smoot, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Does anyone know when character names with EM in them were disallowed? Im wondering because i found this.

If it Was crafted by the actual EM does anyone know if these were handed out at any time? or just a random lantern that someone got there hands on.
    If it is real im thinking a lantern collector might value it. I know most EM crafted stuff isnt worth much, but this is the actual EM's name, and a lantern which alot of people like including myself. Thanks in advance.
    Untitled.png

2. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Promethium was one of Atlantic's EMs for awhile. I can't recall any time that he would have handed out anything like that, but I'll let someone with more knowledge answer. :)

3. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

I have several times in the past made char names starting with "EM".

4. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for both your responses. S_S, do you remember how long ago? If the change was made like 5 or 6 years ago then the lantern was probably made by the EM, unless someone randomly decided to make a character named EM promethium which i doubt. I think he was an em maybe 2 or 3 years ago? if the allowed name change was made around that time then it would very possible a copycat character was made, but if a couple years before probably the EMs lantern. Whatever the case, i still think its cool. even if it was made by a copycat character there arent many characters of that name it seems. Unlike a popular name of the dye lady.

5. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I was able to make a char named EM Broker a year ago I think.

6. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

The change hasn't been that long ago because I created chars with EM names for pumpkin spawning.

7. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

thanks, so most likely just a player crafted lantern. still a cool little trinket seeing as you cant make the name anymore and there arent 1000 characters named EM Promethium, itll probably replace some random lantern i use just for light in my house.

8. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

yep sounds good.