1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[EM NEWS] Winter Wonderland House Deco Contest, Deadline For Entries December 14

Discussion in 'UO Origin' started by Sara Of Baja, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

from EM Faine Morgan's official website UO - Origin Events

December Schedule of Events
    Posted By EM Faine Morgan on November 29, 2009

Winter Wonderland House Deco Contest

Beginning on December 1st, submissions will be accepted for Origin’s EM Winter Wonderland House Decoration Contest. Each house must in some way reflect the Winter Season (this can be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc. or simply the winter season).

To enter, simply drop a rune in the green mailbox at the Award Hall on Origin. Please name the rune with your house’s name and whether the house is public or private. For example, “Faine’s Gingerbread Cottage – Public”. If your house is private, please also send an email to [email protected] so we can arrange a time for me to view your house.

Entries will be accepted through 7 p.m. Pacific (8 p.m. Mountain, 9 p.m. Central, 10 p.m. Eastern) Time on December 14th. Once the entry period ends, I will post the submissions on our internal Event Moderator site and ask the other Ultima Online EM’s to vote for their favorite. On December 20th, there will be an open tour of all the houses for everyone and the winner will be announced at that time.

There is a portal to the Award House outside the Britain Counselor’s Hall. By entering this contest, you agree to set your house public on the evening of the tour.

Reminder ... The deadline is rapidly approaching, and as of this evening (December 10) there has been one entry submitted.

2. I have been so busy in real that I'm actually slower than usual, if you can even imagine that!

I will have the house ready by the 14th.

We need to get a group together and go threaten Brat, that if she doesnt get her house finished, we will rob her of her oven and spread her cookie dough all over the front of her house! But, in her defence, someone (Can't imagine who..uhmmm False) did eat alot of her decorations! (He is next on the list to vandalize).

3. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe we should use Falseprophet for a Christmas ornament!!!

4. CassieDarksong

CassieDarksong Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't had time to theme decorate at all for any of my houses. I'm sad.

5. I submitted mine last night. I wanted to do more, but with everything going on irl, it will just have to do as is lol :)

6. CassieDarksong

Stratics Veteran

This will tell you something of how things have gone so far.

I have a 7' Christmas tree up in the living room in RL...There are lights and no ornaments on it yet.

GO figure hehe

7. LOL i hear ya there Cassie. My tree is setting here bare too. Lights and tinsle, no ornaments till this weekend.

8. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

[​IMG]

9. I have a naked Proffit in my house! :lol::lol:

10. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master

I swear i didn't sit in yer chairs!! *runs and hides on the beach*

11. False, I think you did sit in the chairs!!! ANd you left cookie crumbs there also. :lol:

12. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I don't wanna know where all the ornaments got hung from. No, no I don't.

13. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master

why, from my....Kasa silly:mf_prop:

14. Your Kasa? Ok...if you say so. ;)

15. CassieDarksong

Stratics Veteran

Well I decorated the Christmas tree in real life...and now half of the ornaments are on th efloor due to a darling kitten.

*sigh*

16. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

falseprophet, you scare me!!!!! (Now if I could just quit laughing.)

17. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

My Christmas tree is very bare from about up about 4' to the floor ... My 6-month old puppy took one look at all those balls on the tree and thought she was in puppy fetch heaven. I removed all ornaments she could possibly reach, and just decorated the top half of the tree this year.

18. CassieDarksong

Stratics Veteran

I thought she would leave them be. She's 2.5 years old this year. Last night when I finally got to log in UO I look over my shoulder and she's 2 feet from the top of the 7 foot tree.

She is front declawed...so not sure how she managed that.

19. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master

heheh Sorry, Didn't mean to scare you :lick:

20. CassieDarksong

Stratics Veteran

I just want to note, as of this morning i have pictures of kitten in tree, kitten fighting the older cat from her perch in the tree and other cute tree pictures that I'll post when I get home.

21. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Kittens, cats and Christmas trees are soooo funny. I can't wait to see your pics.

22. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The calendar on UO - Origin Events says the Tour of Homes is 6pm Pacific (7pm Mountain, 8pm Central, 9pm Eastern), Sunday, December 20, meet at West Brit Bank, and be sure to bring candles.

23. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

All of the entries were just amazing ... Like EM Faine Morgan and EM Molly O'Malley, I'm glad I didn't have to try to decide a winner in this contest! Screenshots of the entries were posted on the EM forums and the EMs voted 'Crystal's Christmas Wonderland' as the winner. Congratulations Crystal!

(I'm going to try to get caught up on articles tomorrow, and will have screenshots of all the Winter Wonderland Homes and Candlelight Tour up in a day or two.)

24. Congrats Crystal, I am sorry I missed it, but you definitly deserve it!!

25. No...I think everyone deserved it! I sure wish you had of been there. YOu cant believe some of the great deco items we saw on the tour. My head was spinning with ideas when we were finished. You would have had the same feeling!

26. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You're absolutely correct, Crystal ... I know picking just one house had to have been a difficult decision for the judges.
    I marked runes at all 6 houses ... the 5 entries, and the house that was submitted too late for judging, but was included in the tour. If you had to miss the tour, contact me and we'll make arrangements to visit the houses.

27. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master

I am going to have to apologize but for some reason I took my house down last night. but i did save a picture. (Lord knows what I was thinkin, musta been the nog)

[​IMG]

28. CassieDarksong

Stratics Veteran

I'd like to note that UOHomeDecor is sponsoring a Christmas Contest as well. Check out the Homes and Gardens forums for details :)

29. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'm going hide all your eggnog from you, falseprophet!!!! ;)

Here's a message from EM Faine Morgan to the shard:

I wanted to let you know that I have pictures of all except the last house and will be putting them on the EM Website this weekend (if I can get it to work). I'm still having a few difficulties with the new provider but I'm planning to work on that while I'm on vacation. I figure a sledge hammer should solve most of the issues.

Also, I'll put a rune book with all the entries at the Award House if people want to tour them before they are taken down. I'm going to try to hop over and get pics of the last house before I post them.

Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season! Are you ready to overeat? Lord knows I am!'

30. Just my luck shes running late :p No runebook yet at the Award house.

31. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The runebook should be at the Origin Award house now, along with a trophy for Crystal PLUS a trophy for Crystal outside the winning house.

Also, I see the lanterns outside of each of the entries that say, 'This House Was Photographed For The Origin Winter Wonderland Tour Of Homes By The Origin EM's' are still in place. Hopefully those will be left!

32. CassieDarksong

Stratics Veteran

Here are the pics I promised

Felicity is the one in the tree. Marie is the white fuzzball on the couch.

Attached Files:

33. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Cassie, Those cats are priceless. Thanks for sharing!

34. Happy New Year to you also and thank you.

Your house was amazing! I almost moved in and just stayed there...LOL

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!