1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

emotes

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by autumnsun33, May 14, 2009.

1. autumnsun33

autumnsun33 Guest

Where can i find a list of emote commands :wall:

2. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker Guest

Emote - Voice inflection is not easily translated by typing; however, UO allows you to emote your feelings. By typing a colon ":" followed by a space, your text entry will be emoted. Your "emote" will be surrounded by asterisks and will be a different color than your normal speech. Emotes (emotions) allow you to suggest an action that your character is doing to immerse yourself in the environment. *kicks dirt* *twirls hair* *sighs* Many players also set up macros for common emotes, such as smiles, laughs, grins, frowns, etc.
    Whisper - Use a semi-colon ";" followed by a space (e.g., ; Psst, wanna buy a chicken?). Whispered text can only be "heard" by characters immediately adjacent to you.

I assume that you are talking about UO *emotes*. That is about all that is said in the UO database. (will continue the searching and post any further I find. I know that there is other commands just can't remember what all they were)

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

There are also a few other commands that are useful in this manner as well.

CTRL-B will make your character take a bow. It, and one other that I can't remember, were the only two actions (that were sometimes called emotes) that made it into 2D from the old 3rd Dawn client.

4. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Bow and salute were always in from the start (defaults control-B and control-S).

5. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

ummm, CTRL-B (bow) and others were in the 2D client with T2A AFAIK ... I used them lots in RP on Pac.

As Fel is to Tram, 2D is to Third Dawn/3D client - it was there first!

6. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker Guest

Thats the ones I was forgetting.

7. GFY

GFY Guest

I always the deleted crtl B - bow emote so I could it for bandage self.

8. debii

debii Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Emote - By typing a colon “:” followed by a space, your text entry will be emoted. Your “emote” will be surrounded by asterisks and will be a different color than your normal speech.
    Whisper - Use a semi-colon ";" followed by a space. Whispered text can only be “heard” by characters immediately adjacent to you.

Yell - Use an exclamation point "!" followed by a space (e.g., ! HELP!). Yelled text can be “heard” by any character up to a screen and a half away.