1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Emptiest shard?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Splup, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Splup

Splup Guest

So, what is the shard with Least players?

I play on Europa mainly, now been playing a bit on Atlantic too, and Man what a difference! I think Atlantic has more players at any time then Europa has at primetime.

So Im wondering, is there some shard from which player would think the same even about Europa :)
  2. Cysphruo

Cysphruo Guest

napa is dead, 5 good pvpers could take over the pvp scene
  3. Intoxication

Intoxication Guest

origin is pretty dead too
  4. Melisande

Melisande Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 1, 2008
  5. envinyatar

envinyatar Guest

Legends ftw!
  6. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 13, 2004
    Siege is the emptiest of the US Shards, but that would be expected because it has no Trammel. Of the regular shards, Origin is the least populated US Shard.
  7. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

May 12, 2008
  8. Yes, Origin, I believe is the least populated shard.

Does anyone think that eventually, they will take the less populated shards and combine them or just do away with them? Ive seen this suggested several times and just wondered what the benefit would be from doing this.
  9. Rix/\

Rix/\ Guest

Definatly Origin, I played there when it opened and have off and on since. I'd love to come back to Origin but one thing keeps me away. Thats the monopolizing of houses by one particular player 3-5 house is one thing, 30-50 on such a low populated shard is just sad. Ya theres housing available tons available but if say you wanted to live near Zento maybe 10 active players have houses there rest are owned by this one player who insist a plain dirt plot is worth 4-5 mill. Zento is a beautiful set up for a rp town but instead it's an eye sore of empty plots owned by one.

But ya Origin by far is the lowest populated, but they have one of the strongest core of community players.
  10. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Aug 12, 2001
  11. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 21, 2006

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sep 2, 2003
    Arirang. There are about 100 players. Everyone has a castle and there are virtually no homes on the shard outside of Luna. You can walk out the gates and place an 18x18. There is simply no-one there.
  13. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

May 21, 2008
    I sure hope it won't be Our Origin they move. If they do combine shards.
  14. Im all for getting more players together, but what would be the actuall benefits of combining shards?
  15. Sabbath

Sabbath Guest

"Combining" shards wouldn't be possible due to housing issues. The only thing that could be done is to notify and give plenty of time for people to pack their belongings and get a "free" transfer to the shard of their choice (and then close the shard).

The main reason is that EA can't assume which shard works best for someone in regard to connection quality. Also people might choose a shard for many different reasons other than connection.

I seriously doubt we'll see any shard cancellations except for the day when they pull the plug on the whole shebang.
  16. Loqucious

Loqucious Guest

Isn't every shard EXCEPT Atlantic dead?
  17. pavel.vesely

pavel.vesely Guest

to Crystal: If EA close shards, they will save resources, or in other words money.

If I remember corectly, trammel and felucca runs on 8 servers each, and ilshenar and malas are two servers each, I do not know about tokuno, but it runs probably on two servers too. That is over twenty servers per shard. Now lookup prices for server housing with thick internet connection. These things are not cheap.
  18. Ahhh, I see, I had forgotten about the server situation completely. Dropping shards would be a bit difficlut then.

I agree with Sabbath completely in the fact, that if they ever take a shard down it will be all of them...not selected ones. Sad to think about tho.