1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EM's - Clean up the mess - would you? Its time...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ron Silverbeard, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

So, for how long do you want BT's Castle Spot be like that, EM's, DEV's whoever is responsible for nothing going on - on Pacific - huh? Its boring..do something...now...txs

BT Castle whatsleftisamess.JPG

2. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

why so you can place a house? Gues thats kool but it was obviosly a place of ill refute perhaps it shold stay condemed.. Perhaps put a gravyard there forever or real ruins?

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Sorry, Mesanna's claimed that spot. I guess it will stay like that till the Lady decides to do whatever it is she plans to do with it.

4. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Shouldn't this be on the Pacific shard forum?

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Why? I'm fairly certain it's just like that on GL's too.

And totally sorry to the OP but .... I do believe Mesanna did lay claim to that particular parcel of land.

6. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

well if it's a cross shard problem..
    And Messana did say it was hers.. I will back anyone that remembers her saying that.

"Mine" she said..

7. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The one on Baja is not like that and you can not place housing there. On Baja it says, after taking a few steps, that you are in a town and we all know that you can not place housing in town. Sorry.

8. yanaki2

yanaki2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

so mesanna wants this plot on every shard huh? that seems like a abuse of power to me, i mean shure take it on a shard or 2 is fine but everyone? i bet shes not even going to pay for the accounts that are going to hold these houses... unfair i say we should form a protest......occupy brit!

hell no we wont go! hell no we wont go!

while were at this it would be nice if when we turn grey other players could arrest us and turn us over for city loyalty

Amber Witch and O'Brien like this.
  9. yanaki2

yanaki2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

and while were at it when are the cooks on the land going to figure out to put a slice of meat between some bread for gods sake! my charicters want a pastrami sandwich. they have been craving one for years!

Amber Witch and Tjalle like this.
  10. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The messes I would actually like to see cleaned up are all the burning scripter houses that litter the shards. Some of those are in good housing spots, but more importantly, it has been what 5 or 6 years? maybe more? many people do not even recall why/what they were, and Draconi is long gone.

11. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I can tell you that it certainly hasn't been that long. I've only been playing UO for 6 years. I'd hazard a guess of more 2-3 at the most.

12. Sauteed Onion

I don't want this to come off as a negative bash against you, yanaki2, and it is not my intention of trying to get people to side against you, and yes I believe it's incredibly odd that it's going to someone on the development team but eh. I can live with that.

But messana has taken an incredible amount of time to provide things for we the players that has gone unpaid and in her free time like at home. So if her getting a castle in britain on each shard is like her present from the UO gods, then so be it.

(I had gone on to rant about some stuff, but will leave that for future rantings and insane blathering I tend to get into meow.)

13. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I thought this was gonna be a thread about left over EM events and the trash they leave laying around. my bad
    I doubt EM removed the castle, that's dev driven.
    And Mesanna's remark about it not being a place for housing could be taken 2 ways.imo
    It's definitely not a place for housing, because...
    1. we have something else planned to build there.
    2.part of the island will have some exceptionally made mobs that spawn, one hit kill when you recall in. making housing worthless

14. yanaki2

yanaki2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

um i was joking. please dont think that i actually meant anything i said? except for the sandwich part tho i meant that!

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  15. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If she has plans for that spot then let her plans play out.

16. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, I just looked, it was back in Feb 08', so 4 years, working on 5

17. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

EM event items left over and not cleaned up is a small big deal. Some is pretty and are ok if added in some other deco... while I will admit there is other junk laying around from past events and publishes that have no home or pourpose still laying around like refuse.....
    I do have an idea for the solution... Petra might be talked into making a section for reporting this sort of thing where it would be like:
    Example
    Shard: Anywhere
    X,Y Cord's: 23,0 S / 1,10 W
    Item: (small discription of object )
    If this was a do'able Then perhaps Mesanna could find a GM or Dev person who could give 5 minutes a day (weekday) to pick a shard and fix the items or remove things that are bugging players. Only that 5 minutes would be needed and if one could be found to give that 5 minutes a day the list of leftovers and broken things would be done in no time.

Just an idea

18. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I could make a list miles long... things like missing tiles... tiles where they ought not be... stew 100's and 100's of blobs of stew, watertroughs by the score, busts, lanterns, pictures, Smithing hammers... the list goes on and on and on.... But some of the stuff laying about is decent and nice... stuff from ages old seer events... That stuff is like a little piece of history. I'd hate to lose things that make the shards "unique".

19. O'Brien

O'Brien Thought Police

LOL. Prime UO housing in addition to EA salary. I wonder if that's an official part of her benefits package. :hahaha:

Anyway, let's not overshadow the community contributions of those of us who have been paying EA (not the other way around.)

But yeah this discussion is moot. No one's house is going there. It's going to be a mini Old Haven, methinks.

20. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

For some things yes, some are just oops. Ones that have history Could be documented, so we know if it's leftover or part of a current story arc.
    I haven't been back in to see if it's still there, but the deeper level of Cove had some unique stuff, pictures & stuff, on LS. 100 bowl of stew, no - there needs to be a Clean Up list tho, as prev mentioned

21. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I would like the tunnels and passages in the center of the hedge mazes fixed.

22. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

This turned to a multi several things and so on discussion - kewl...i like chaos...

Originaly i wanted to share my anger because nothing is realy going on on Pacific - town crier at Luna Bank still spamming about some Event on 5/31 - pieces of crap from current "Events" they call so are all around, almost everyone is confused if there is anything to do concerning the currrent or past or new ARC - including the lost BT Castle which is still burning....

Its now almost a month or so anything happend...now we got the herald posting about something new - ok - but when will it start? Is it the upcomming changes targeted at July? Will we have anything to do in June other than grind town loyality or sift around or kill grave robbers or get the 100th nexus deed?

I want to see some ACTION - invade Brit now or whatever....hell even all the Raiders seem to be on vacation..havent seen one in months now on Pac...

*Goes back unraveling*

23. Petra Fyde

devil99, unless I miss my guess June is destined to be a search for that journal.
    As to the castle plot, it obviously has some destiny linked to the story arc. Surely no one can seriously think Mesanna intends it for her personal use?

Clean up. Difficult - I'll think about it a bit.
    It really needs a table, and forums don't do tables. I could embed a google doc I believe (I'll ask Syrus how to do that), but if it's publicly accessible it will get defaced. So someone would have to be responsible for updating it.

24. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I tried to find "BBCode Google API Tables v0.9.xlsx" for XenForo. there may still be issues to work out with that anyways. Public sounds bad.

25. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

[quote="
    Clean up. Difficult - I'll think about it a bit.
    It really needs a table, and forums don't do tables. I could embed a google doc I believe (I'll ask Syrus how to do that), but if it's publicly accessible it will get defaced. So someone would have to be responsible for updating it.[/quote]
    Didn't we do tables for the new loot properties? Or does this new format not "play nice" with submitted comments and graphic representation of that data?

26. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I remember Mesanna saying "Mine" in another thread. I don't see her using it for personal use, but to further the story arc or improve the game. Perhaps a new community center, or a S&M joint where she can kill our characters repeatedly. Teehee.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  27. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Could be an great opportunity to set up a Library like players set up in their houses, with parts used as museum. Be great for players and noobs alike.

28. Petra Fyde

Didn't we do tables for the new loot properties? Or does this new format not "play nice" with submitted comments and graphic representation of that data?[/quote]
    I don't remember that, if there's a way to do tables I'd love to see. I tried everything I could think of with vbulletin to make it show a table properly.

29. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

What format would you have them reported in, Petra?
    Trash/Lore, Shard, facet, X-Y, short Descriptor
    History(Lore) and pictures would come later, after being organized?

30. Petra Fyde

I'd do
    Shard
    Facet
    co-ordinates
    Description
    Reason.
    So basically where is it, what is it and why do you think it needs to be removed.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  31. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Someone did similar w/ the EC bug list, w/ post #1 containing the compiled data. Seemed to work well

32. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

there's table support in this forum software, just not active, you can edit them in the editor here but it strips them when you post. My forum, our guild forum, and pretty much every other forum I post in has really good support for tables though so there should be some way to get it working here on stratics.

33. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Depends on what you call trash, as to whether I would want it cleaned up. We need the shard history and remembrances of event arcs. the "lost scion" scrolls here and there, arent hurting anyone. Good event on my shard concerning Casca, there are a few scrolls and pieces of letters littering Skara and Zento...that's history, shouldnt be removed. So be careful how you wish it, and how you report it, or you may find some things you wanted left moved.
    Water troughs and some of that stuff, you can clean up, sheeesh. Just test place a three story marble where it is, then cancel the placement. Knocks a lot of stuff out of existence. Won't do stew tho, that has to be some nasty stuff to last as long as it does ;)

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  34. O'Brien

O'Brien Thought Police

I can see preserving shard history to some extent, but leaving the lands littered with stuff that is over and done with? "Lost scion" scrolls... I think you mean the "Give us the artificed scion" warning messages that appeared before the Ophidian invasion 6 years ago? That is just embarrassingly outdated, IMO, and no longer belongs if you care anything about believability in a virtual world...

35. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

When they get done w/ the arc about BT's castle, a Library museum could go there, then move certain items there - making it shard/facet specific, and easy to find.

36. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

History and Lore aside....

I for one have helped alot of Young to the game who have seen this flosam laying around and asking how do they do it or how do they get it.... Its fine for we who have been here but younger players do get quite confused and sometimes miffed that they cant do it or get it. (depending on the item in question)
    Old Quest items or npc's leftovers litter every shard.
    Oh there are other things that should be removed as well, for instance the 1/2 hides and static statues players cracked out of hte containers to block placements and such.
    If the GM's dont have time perhaps employ the em's... for the work on their shard. Now dont get me wrong, I am not saying take down the pretty deco on the banks or the usefull markers some still use as refrence. It's not just one facit but all have stuff like this stuck. Dungeons have things where thy dont belong due to some smart arsed player long ago who found out how to jamm up the works with lockdown bounce. I beleave its Napa that has the Bridge in Abyss near the rats spawn area blocked by what looks like a wall... and 2 fish trophys like so many other shards have them stuck around gates..... Or baubles in Atlantic's luna bank chests and tables. On Oceania the luna bank 3 stak chests need to be fixed as do a few other chests on other shards that are ether bunched up or off tables looking weird.
    Look this is simple housekeeping........ we let it sit too long and now the game looks trashy....

Sevin0oo0 and O'Brien like this.
  37. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, she already has that castle west of Luna on Pacific to call home. Oh and that one castle they failed to auction off for gold on Dagger "Ice" Island is still being held on David "Orbeus" Abelt's EA account. He probably doesn't even remember it's there.

As for clean up reporting I'd love it, I have runebooks full of things like a houseless door. From the bug where you could ban your own door from the house. The door sat under the sign for years until the house decayed leaving the lonely door of buggy-ness behind.