1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Cooking] Endless Water Pitchers

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Jerimiah, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Jerimiah

Jerimiah Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I thought I read that once a water pitcher is re-filled from a water trough it will stay full for ever. What am I missing? I refill my water pitcher after making dough five times. I believe I read someplace else that this had to be done in deep water in the ocean....Perhaps all such methods were 'fixed' during a recent patch and any FAQ I have read is not up to date?

All insights will be greatly appreciated

2. Rotgut Willy

Rotgut Willy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Look in the Gardening FAQ for "magic waves". :)

3. Kariny

Kariny UO Lake Superior News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There are a couple magic waves right near the Vesper bank. The bridge linking the bank island to the honey shop.

Just stand on the bridge and keep refilling it or set up item, target and button on UOA.

4. Jerimiah

Jerimiah Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

THanks, now I just need to wait for that Crimson Dragon to leave!

5. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

If you don't want to wait, try any water tile in Tokuno (except the sake fountain), and it will work just like the magic wave.

6. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

There's a tile just SE of the Skara moongate, too.

7. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

They're all over the place =)

Any "wave" tile seems to work =)

I had a castle in Trinsic swamp, and I used the wave tile right by it to fill my pitchers too =)

Havent tried Tokuno yet - but haven't needed to really, I tend to buildhouses right by the sea =)

8. We have a wave tile [Moonglow island] that I use to make my endless pitcher.

9. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

I use the waterfalls in Zento just south of the Makoto-Jima Moongate.

10. Lostpharoah

Lostpharoah Guest

ha! love your sig !! and "Park avenue leads to ... SKID ROW"

11. Black Betty

Black Betty Guest

I have tried there with no luck, nor with anywhere else. Could it be that I am targeting the wrong tiles? How do I know it's filled with the endless wave?

12. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

Hang out on the happy little bridge - Dbl click your pitcher in your pouch - then target within the middle of any of the little splashing falls - where the water appears to be white and falling. Do this over and over and over on same pitcher :drool: --- within about 10 minutes you'll have over ~1,000 doses. You'll get a message each time "you fill the container with water." Side tip: Setting a macro to 'Last Object' is kinda cool for this exercise in addition to using it for bandaging others.

To then know how much H20 you have in your pitcher.. As far as I know you'll need to use it ... so then after watering a plant or aquarium - check your journal and it will tell you how many doses are left in the pitcher. :)

13. Black Betty

Black Betty Guest

Groovy!

I wasn't aware that I could continue to double click and fill it when it asks what I want to use it on. That would explain a LOT!

Thank you!:hug:

Going to try it out now.....

14. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

It gives you 5 pours for every click.