1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Endorsing a candidate - HOW?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Bobar, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It says that once someone has nominated themselves they have to be endorsed within 24 hours. A friend has nominated herself in Magincia on Europa. So how is she to be endorsed? The option to vote does not do it and I see no other option. She is listed under candidates but the nominee sheet is blank.

I have tried all I can think of so I now give up and appeal for help.
    I is now the 2nd June and allegedly everything is now working as it should but I admit I am baffled.

#1 Bobar, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  2. Shakkara

Shakkara Slightly Crazed

I just went there and it looks like she's already endorsed.

3. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

How would you know? There are now 2 names on the Candidates list both with a standing of '0.0' and nothing on the Nominees list.. Once someone is endorsed surely there must be a way of knowing.

I would have thought if one had been endorsed the standing or 'love' of that candidate would show the effect of the endorsement.

#3 Bobar, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  4. Shakkara

Shakkara Slightly Crazed

Not yet nominated -> Name appears in the nominees list
    Nominated -> Name appears in the candidates list

The number behind the name is probably the percentage of votes the candidate got so far.

5. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

OK I now know what happens. When someone nominates themselves they appear on the Nominees list. Then if a citizen clicks on their name on the Nominees list it moves to the Candidates list. Simple when you know but a bit misleading if you don't know and the only thing with a name on is the Candidates list the first time you look. Would have been easier to understand if the name remained on the Nominees list but 'greyed out' and the word endorsed added.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

7. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The nominee list and candidate list are seperate for a reason. You can nominate yourself but if no one supports you , you will be not be a candidate for election.

When the voting starts, you can only vote for all the candidates who been endorsed.

Flutter likes this.