1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

Enhance Calculator?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by N49ATV, Dec 31, 2009.

  1. N49ATV

    N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1,489
    Likes Received:
    0
    I know there is one for armor. Is there one for Bow? Or Weps?

    Found some bows that might make decent weps, wanted to see what odds are. Under Bow SoA, so cant even play with it.

    But Garg (read somewhere that gives a small chance increase), and will be GM bow soon
     
  2. Wulf2k

    Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2004
    Messages:
    7,565
    Likes Received:
    314
    I could only find the armor calc.

    According to it, there's a 32% success chance for a 120 tailor to enhance a base item with barbed. So a 5/3/2/3/2 piece will fail 68% of the time with barbed?

    I'm hoping the calc is wrong, and that enhancing really doesn't suck that badly. I've never seen any numbers for success before, just the 'impression' that it sucked.
     
  3. Speedy Orkit

    Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    Messages:
    4,132
    Likes Received:
    9
    That is correct. Making a suit on TC and trying to enhance it after imbuing I broke roughly 50 pieces before getting 3 to enhance.
     
  4. Wulf2k

    Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2004
    Messages:
    7,565
    Likes Received:
    314
    Were you going for 140 luck pieces?
     
  5. Speedy Orkit

    Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    Messages:
    4,132
    Likes Received:
    9
    No, but very high intensity pieces. Such as:


    MR 1
    HPI 5
    LRC 12
    15/16/5/6/3

    Before enhance.
     
  6. N49ATV

    N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1,489
    Likes Received:
    0
    was that as garg or human?
     
  7. Speedy Orkit

    Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    Messages:
    4,132
    Likes Received:
    9
  8. N49ATV

    N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1,489
    Likes Received:
    0
    The odds are pretty low, except for Smithy, cause you can use the +60ASH
     
  9. Speedy Orkit

    Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    Messages:
    4,132
    Likes Received:
    9
    They really need to make all armor medable and abolish mage armor and revamp focus, or give non med armor some sort of boost.
     
  10. N49ATV

    N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1,489
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well its needed for game balance reasons. But maybe make all armor medable, however if its current "non-med" then you only med at 1/2 rate. So if you run full plate non mage armor, with 120 Med, you regen at 120 focus rates, without the stam regen.
     
  11. Speedy Orkit

    Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    Messages:
    4,132
    Likes Received:
    9
    Aye, but compare the armors:

    Plate: Str req's, more expensive, non med.

    Leather: Low str req, cheaper, all med.

    Same amount of mods, same resists. Even with mage armor, you are wasting a mod.
     
  12. N49ATV

    N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1,489
    Likes Received:
    0
  13. Bruin

    Bruin Guest

    Agreed.

    Make refresh pots have a timer (10 secs like heals), or get rid of them, and no TOTAL refresh. Make special moves take stamina, not mana. Have focus give like an insane stamina regen, like 5 stam/sec at 120.