1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Enhance potions question...

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Guest, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Does the enhance potions attribute of jewelry effect the creation of the potions or the using of the potions?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I read that page but it isnt very clear. Does the enhancement go into the potion upon creation so anyone else that uses the potion gets the bonus or is the enhancement calculated when you use the potion?

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Enhance Potions - This property increases the effectiveness of potions used by the wearer by a percentage. Enhance Potion from items is now capped at 50. Player characters with Alchemy skill receive an inherent bonus to Enhance Potion that can exceed this cap. The bonus to Enhance Potion equates to +10% for every 33 points of Alchemy (i.e., 80% at GM Alchemy).
    they only effect the person wearing the jewels so when you see people selling kegs that say enhanced they are scamming you here is another link
    uo properties page

the key word is the wearer now if you have alchemy on the toon they will still get the alchemy bonus

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Enhance Potions (EP) mod will only boost the effects of the potion you drink. It must be worn by the drinker at time of drinking. Example, if you have on an Ecru citrine ring with the 50% Enhance Potions mod (which is the cap, used to be 75% untill it was reduced), then you drink a greater strength potion, you get +30 strength stat bonus instead of the regular 20..... (20 x 50% = 30). Or you can wear a ring with 25 EP & bracelet w/25 EP. So at 100 strength you can end up with 130 strength for a little while! Same with Dexterity. Healing is also boosted. I've noticed no better Night sight or no better Invis potion effects with EP. (wish it made them both last longer).

It does not have anything to do with the crafting of the potions. You need to use an Alchemy bonus talisman for better chance at crafting. That link that the previous poster gave is helpful if you plug in your Alchemy skill + any alchy talisman it shows you your chance of success.
    Hope that helps.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

hmm, I've never noticed people selling kegs claiming to be enhanced, but that would surely be misleading.
    There are Strength and Greater Strength, Agility and Greater Agility and so on.
    Strength = +10
    Greater Strength = +20
    Add Enhance Potion 50% mod to get to 30. Add Alchemy skill and it'll be even higher.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks thats what I needed. Was wondering if i should wear my jewelry when making...and the answer is no [​IMG].

7. Chango Pelon

Chango Pelon Guest

I make my pots in a special birthday suit...

[​IMG]

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

lol I'm slow just got it funny stuff