1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

enhance weapons with dull copper?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by elspeth, Feb 24, 2012.

1. elspeth

elspeth Guest

Was just looking over the material properties for metals and I noticed that dull copper adds 100 durability.

Was wondering if this means that I could create weapons, POF them to 155, imbue them then enhance with dull copper to get to 255? If so, does anyone know how to calculate the success chance because it would probably only be worthwhile doing this if you don't need the forged metal tool.

2. Ganesh89

Ganesh89 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 2, 2007
    no clue on the success chance, but imo to bribe the smith and get the POF-bod is more efficient then entering the enhancing game of chance :)
  3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    I believe the failure chance is something like 20+(current durability/40), plus the lower requirements fail chance (which if LR isn't on it yet, is like a base 20 or 30%).

In other words somewhere around a 50-60% success chance, and about a 20% chance to break.

The Same failure chances for Durability and LR apply to both armor and weapons. There's other modifiers for enhancing weapons that weren't ever fully defined, the way the armor chances were.
  4. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Jun 21, 2007
    Arrrr, methoughts 'twere adding 100% durability (so doubling) rather than 100 straight points?
  5. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 3, 2001
    It should be possible to use enhancing after imbuing. Best use probably would be: pof to 255 dura, imbue, use weap, enhance after it has gone significantly down in dura.