1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Enhanced Bandies, Shouldn't they work for Vet Also?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by weins201, Jul 26, 2012.

?

Enhanced Bandie, should Vet get a bonus as well as Healing?

1. Humm Yeah Vet should get the bonus too.

96.0%
  2. Na leave it just for healing.

4.0%
  1. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It is just an enhanced Bandaid after all and two skills use bandies. Soo don't we think its about time that Vet gets a Boost as well?

2. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I thought they did give a boost to the amount of damage you heal on your pets. If not, i have been wasting my bandages lol

Ryna likes this.
  3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

They do not give the boost to vet. The boost is a + to healing skill. It was tested last night by the OP since he did not believe me... :p

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Dragonater likes this.
  5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I always thought they should... but maybe that's just me. Of course it might be too difficult for them to code something like that.

6. Druido2

Druido2 Guest

I don't think they should be boosted. Tamers have the advantage as it is with pets. Boost in aids will make that template the only one played in UO. As it is there about 50:1 tamer templates out there. I say nerf taming if you want the aids to boost vet.

7. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

From the patch 37 notes from Oct 2005 that Petra pointed to:

If you find them not working for vet, bug report it.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  8. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

9. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Here's an interesting Five on Friday about the enhanced bandages: ORIGIN - Ultima Online - Main .

It will be interesting to see if that new Asclepius staff will work for vet skill.

10. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Thanks Petra, not so much for the content of your reply which I'm sure is right on target. But for using my favorite word, Penultimate. Ha ha. Don't know if everyone has a favorite but that's mine. Should be on everyones "word of the day list".

11. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My favorite word is 'beer'.

Alstadt likes this.
  12. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

One thing to consider.

I believe the way they explained how the bandages work is that the enhanced bandages -

1. Increase the success chance by 10 skill points (I've cured poison with a character with fifty-something Healing using enhanced bandages)
    2. Increase the amount healed as if the skills was higher ONLY if the raised effective skill level doesn't go over the player's cap for Healing/Vet.

So, a 120 Vet or 120 Healer would get no benefit from them, and I'm not sure if someone with 110 skill, capped at 110, would either.

13. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

You need to test by rezurections not dmg healed I do recall rezzing pets with 75 skill + enhanced aids so they work since you need 80 to rez! though this was about a year or so back since my tamer is being neglected. If you have 120 vet 120 lore they will do nothing for you since your all capped up they do not give you 130 only to max 120 incase you were being foolish and testing on a capped toon!