1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Enhanced client issue with rain on one character

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mr Obvious, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Mr Obvious

Mr Obvious Visitor

I use the enhanced client and the other day I seen it raining in game and I thought wow I haven't seen the weather change in game for years, then I realized its raining on me everywhere I go including dungens BUT only on one character, no other toon on that account has this problem (*I feel like Schleprock from the flintstones*).

The only way I have found to stop it is by honoring a creature but that only stops it for a min or so or by going thru a gate. I do Not know what started this problem. I have tried to delete the character file from my computer but that didn't work either. I do not see anything in the setup that will allow me to stop the weather. Does anyone have any idea what I can do short of reloading UO.

Thank you for you help in this matter.

2. Varingian

Varingian Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran The Squirrel Empire

I'm exclusively EC with Pincos and have been for years. I get rain from time to time but never in a bugged like way you are reporting. I have never had it follow me into a dungeon..that's a weird one. My only observation of it every behaving "differently" is that it seems far more common at sea , as in my fisherman gets rained on alot.

3. Mr Obvious

Mr Obvious Visitor

I to only use EC and sometimes with Pincos. I do not see anywhere in the setup to allow or not allow environment weather.

Now I do remember that (it never rained) before I did the quest to become an elf then after becoming an elf. BAM rain

I would hate to have to delete this toon as I have worked so hard on the set up and also have a bonded proxy. Maybe I should send an email to report this as a bug.

any thoughts??

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Does it do the same in the classic client?

How about if you load the EC without Pincos running?

5. Mr Obvious

Mr Obvious Visitor

I do not have the classic client loaded on my computer. I don't think I can ever go back to the classic client after playing the EC.

I think I am going to make a copy of this toon and put it on the test center to see what happens.

I have tried just EC and with Pincos same results (rain)

6. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe you are one of those characters with a black cloud over your head? ;)

CovenantX likes this.
  7. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yes I am the same I don't use the CC any more. I just mean it might be worth testing out in the CC to see if its a client based problem or if its the character.

8. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

In the CC I see rain rarely. It seems to be working correctly for me.

9. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Change your character back to human or maybe to a gargoyle since you stated the rain started when you turned into a elf. Maybe the rain will stop, but no idea if it will. Never ever delete your character that is not a option over something like this.

10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

As a Gargoyle his bonded proxy would be useless. That's not an option. I never noticed that about elves before. A vast majority of my characters are elves of some sort. I do know that it's almost ALWAYS raining in Yew and at the Minoc/Vesper X-roads when I'm at the MoA auctions.

I'll try checking this theory out on a few of my "human" characters and seeing if loggin in on them after being on my elf and confirming it's raining does anything. I'll try a few things even will check things out in 2d.

11. Mr Obvious

Mr Obvious Visitor

OK thanks for all the input. I did get it fixed I completely deleted my character file from my computer prior to server going down. I then logged in at server up with a clean slate. I did not remake any macros I roamed the earth and dungens without the rain cloud.... I am sooo happy... I was worried I would have to change my name to "Schleprock"

I will have to see if this happens to my archer when I do the quest to change his race.

Tanks again everyone for your input you got me to thinking :))

Capt. Lucky and Lady Michelle like this.
  12. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Forgot gargoyles can't ride
    EC its always pouring raining in arctic island on Michelle who is a elf.

13. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

Thanks for the tip. I gotta think buried in there somewhere is a setting that needs a one or two or something lol.