1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Enhanced Client Problem

Discussion in 'UHall' started by StealYourFace, Jun 9, 2014.

1. StealYourFace

StealYourFace Journeyman

I recently started trying out the enhanced client on my second account that does not have UO assist. I like a lot of the stuff that you can do with it but have one major problem. Every time I move objects on the screen look blurry. I spent about 2 hours last night messing with the settings trying to fix it. I was able to make it a little better but not much. The problem with this is that while I like what you can do with the client, after about 45 min it starts to give me a headache.

If anyone knows how to fix this I would like to know. Otherwise its back to the old client.

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Best thing for this is to turn shadows off and then make sure you have your zoom adjusted to a "good" resolution. If you zoom in too much it can be extremely blurry. Try different zooms but most certainly turn off shadows. Also you might turn off footsteps as they are terribly out of Sync with your character.

Njjj likes this.
  3. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Like Mal said I would suggest turning all of it off.. footsteps, shadows, Idle animation .. etc.. till you find that "happy medium" .
    Research your monitors specs.. what resolution does it "want" to run at.. and your vid card.. etc.
    Make sure your mouse tracking is set right.. you might not realize it but your eye and brain are tracking that little mouse pointer and if it's blinking or tracking a little off that can lead to headaches that your not even aware of it happening.
    Same with footstep sounds.. if the sound of you walking isn't syncing with your actual footsteps this will set up a conflict that you might not even be aware of..
    And I don't know if you ever heard of neuroplasticity but as you play your brain will adjust to the new style.. soon it will adjust to make it look normal.

Storm likes this.