1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Enhanced Client

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Phangs_of_Phage, May 7, 2012.

1. Phangs_of_Phage

Phangs_of_Phage Journeyman

First off as a dedicated CC user I must say i'm quit impress with whats been done with it since I last tried it about 8 months ago. I have not updated any computer hardware but now it seems to run perfectly smooth under any load. With Pinco UI this is very very playable and will probably be my full time client except when I need a "open paperdoll" macro to make all the spawn target me. Still getting the feel of the targeting system but it is very nice, I'm quite impressed

Daga Taga, TheGrimmOmen and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Indeed it is. Welcome to the Dark Side and thank you for giving it another try. It has improved quite a bit. It still has a few things that need to be addressed before I can totally give up the 2d client for good but... I have hopes.

Daga Taga, TheGrimmOmen and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hands out cookies :) Welcome aboard

Daga Taga, Nimuaq and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Enhanced cookies? *winks*

Sevin0oo0 and Storm like this.
  5. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That's terrific! I'm really happy to hear about your experience! I think your are going to like it more as time goes by.

Cheers!

-Grimm
    (Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD)

Storm likes this.
  6. Dan123The123Man

Dan123The123Man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

ive been wondering ofr some time now... Do any pvpers out there use Enhanced Client when doing raids or faction fighting?

7. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

Alot of the desktops I build exceed 300 kb. Some are around 400. Each desktop is designed to work with a team so that if there is a weakness the other desktop will compensate. This goes even into equipment with alternating mods where 1 team member will use hit lower defense and another team member will have hit lower attack.

Different actions call on other actions. For example: If a heal is used, other defenses go into affect, such as hide and a special move to freeze, where as the opposite will happen if an aggressive macro is used, such as the initial attack.

It will begin with a number of checks and execute a list of possibilities. Each desktop performing something uniquely to cover all possibilities, in theory. So changing from that point simply stops that macro and begins the next course of action. For example: Hitting the heal key. So, it's an intelligent desktop that is thinking ahead and performing tasks that it may need to do ahead of time. For example: Targeting a team mate and beginning to heal will off set a defensive selection where it may try to freeze the opponent, while at the same time the team member macro is trying to hide and smoke bomb.

So, you begin to learn the desktop as each key does a series of different actions and then it's just changing into that group to get the desired result. The only draw back is having to hit the escape key on repeaters because the system cannot detect if a task has been completed or not.

To me, this is a huge advantage over the 2D version desktop. It allows for technical programming and a wide range of possibilities, which to me, is alot of fun even if it fails trying to make it work is an experience in itself.

So, I don't see why you would not use the EC to PvP or raid with and again even with PvP it gives it a technical aspect. For example: With mages, if you use the wrong spell combinations within a macro you will fail to be good at PvP. You have to create intelligent macro designs that will work to your advantage or you will fail horribly performing an action that doesn't really fit what should have been a successful counter attack. Kind of like healing, when you really should of Corp Por but only in a string of commands.

So, it takes alot of knowledge to understand what the next possible action would be. So, if something fails you have to change it and if something doesn't work right you have to figure out why and adjust it. So, to me, it's like a jigsaw puzzle in a way, which makes winning all the more sweeter.

Nimuaq and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  8. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Bring back KR plants and trees!

9. sh1nji

sh1nji Visitor

Bring back kr art.

10. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Seeing as how I missed KR, would have liked that, but at this point I just want something that looks really sharp and scales well on a 20-inch or larger display (27-inch preferably :)).

I wish they would make an arrangement to package Pinco's UI with the EC though. Every other major MMO out there has a customizable interface, and were it not for Pinco, I'd hate to think what the EC interface development would be like.

11. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

The only thing I want back from KR is the housing sign menu for the ability to co-own all my characters to all my homes again..... *sighs* how I miss that...

12. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Bring back KR plants and get the rest of everything else up to high resolution quality and for me the EC will be just about perfect (assuming just graphics and not any technical issues). It's one thing to retain the style of the artwork, it's another (and less attractive) to be anchored to out-of-date low resolution versions of said artwork.

13. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Books in EC need fixed before its anywhere near "perfect." Right now they are nearly useless.

14. Don't Tread on Me

Don't Tread on Me Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

i do. works fine