1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Enhancement

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Jerimiah, May 18, 2009.

1. Jerimiah

Jerimiah Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not talking about blue pills but I am looking for the most current information on enhancing bows with colored wood. As long as I'm begging for information I guess I'd like to know about all forms of enhancement (please no jokes....)

Thanks in Advance

2. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Here is a link to a website that lists what each wood type gives. http://www.uoguide.com/Lumber

It is up to you as to trying to enhance it now or wait until SA comes out and trying to embue it.

3. Jerimiah

Jerimiah Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So enhancing automaticaly applies the same bonuses as if I crafted with the same material? I believe that failure causes the destruction of the item as well. Any information on this and the odds?

4. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, if I have a bow with 25 SSI and I enhance it with Ash then one of three things will happen.

A. I successfully enhance the item and add 10 SSI
    B. I fail but the item isn't destroyed
    C. I fail catastrophically and the item is destroyed

If I craft a bow with Ash, then it will always have at least 10 SSI. Not sure if anyone has a chart out with the odds of successfully enhancing an item. It seems like the more mods a weapon has already the higher the odds of breaking it.

When SA comes out with imbuing, then you will be able to add mods to any weapon that hasn't been enhanced or made with special materials with out risking destruction of the weapon (if you fail, you loose materials). There are some other restrictions, but until SA gets released all things are subject to change. After SA is released then it will be subject to being nerfed.