1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Enhancing Question

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by GLSpyder6, Jan 11, 2008.

1. GLSpyder6

GLSpyder6 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I've got a real nice crossbow that needs enhancing and i was wondering if the risk of it breaking was worth it. The Mods are:

Crossbow
    44 Hit Lightning
    44 Hit Lower defense
    32 Hit Life Leech
    30 SSI
    38 DI

I'd like to get that 40 SSI out of it, but is it worth the risk?

2. As with any enhancing, the question is:

Do you have another bow that can take it's place?

If you don't have another similar, then the answer would be no. Ash is easier to enhance with than say Frostwood as it's on the low end of the wood ladder, but you're also trying to bring a property to 100%, which gives it that extra chance that it will break.

3. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

put it this way, i tried to enhance 8 crossbows and heavy crossbows with 25+ SSI to get to 35-40 and only 1 survived..

all of them were monster loot and most of them were junk, no di or anything else good, just wanted to figure out what my chances were.

4. GLSpyder6

GLSpyder6 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Well, it's a decent enough bow the way it is anyways. Just wanted to get some extra speed out of it by enhancing with ash, but oh well. Thx for the input.