1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

enjoying myself

Discussion in 'LotRO General Discussion' started by IanJames, Jun 23, 2010.

1. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well I am playing LOTRO under a free trial and rather enjoying myself. It's a nice break from all the screaming and complaining on UO right now.

I had signed up for the F2P beta, but haven't gotten in yet, but I'm on the 10 day free trial which is giving me a good idea of what to expect from the game.

I have made three different characters, and right now I'm really enjoying the minstrel as a solo player. Anyone have suggestions?

2. Trageon

Trageon Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

what LotRo server you on? i'll be re-activating my account this friday, my main is on Windfola

3. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Landroval right now. I'm not committed to anything though, I will probably wait for the F2P version to come live and then roll new characters

4. Trageon

Trageon Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Orvago is on Landroval i think, i have a low level elf hunter there as well i need to start leveling up let me know when you will be playing i can show you around, my main on Windfola is Valfelan 62 elf hunter

5. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I heard somewhere I can buy the MoM expansion for about 9.99 and then I'll have some advantages when it goes F2P, is that true?

6. Trageon

Trageon Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

once you have an account you should be able to go to https://myaccount.turbine.com/ and upgrade to whatever expansion package you like, my account is current so it doesn't give me any options to upgrade. cant help ya there :-/

7. SimpleZen

SimpleZen Guest

Nice to hear another new player with a great experience in Lotro :thumbup1: It's a great MMO and I'm looking forward to the changes with F2P so I can still play it casually when I don't have the money to spend. It's definitely one of the better, smoother mmo games on the market, and it has a very distinctive style in art design and gameplay. I hope Turbine's decision will help the game continue to grow a lot more.

8. curious if I'd be able to use my old Minstrel character (was at the cap when the game first came out think it was 50 or 60 can't remember) on the f2p if so I'd be down
    since I spent a CRAP load of time on that char

9. Sean

Sean Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you still have the same account, I would think there would be no change to your existing chars.