1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Epiphany Armor @ Tomb of Kings

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Myphsar, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Myphsar

Myphsar Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hi all,
    Just a FYI about all the epiphany armor pieces (human/gargoyle)(good/bad)
    Drops from Niporailem The Thief.
    It drops a random piece epiphany armor each time you kill him.
    Drop rate is 100%, so it is NOT rare anymore.
    Reason for me to post this is people are selling on vendors as Non-spawning rare armor pieces, which they are not!
    I thought it was a bug but found out later from messana that it is infact an easter egg from PUB 71.
    So if you didnt complete your sets, dont get ripped off, just visit the Tomb Of Kings and kill Niporailem. :)

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Confirmed. Thanks for the tip. :)

3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Very nice! :)

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Lovely... Glad I spent all that time working my tail off to get all that.

They should add the Conjurers Trinket, Conjurers Book and the Conjurers robe to that too so everyone can have access to those too... and they won't be unobtainable anymore either.

And then while they are at it... they need to add a spawn of Dread Warhorses to the game too...

This way no one will have to be without things that vets have.

5. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Word

6. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The Epiphany stuff, while it may make sense to have it continue to spawn, I would argue shouldn't drop 100% of the time.

Those items Malag mentioned would surely be neat to have as rare drops on the thief.

And/or.......Wouldn't it be kind of neat to have a place in the game, like a Hall of Ghosts, that spawned items and monsters that are non-shard specific and non-EM related, that don't spawn anymore?

In my head it's random week to week. But that's probably not doable.

-Galen's player

7. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Epiphany armour isn't exactly for veterans only, being a fairly recent addition to the game. I didn't have time myself to fight Blackrock Golems during the event, and I doubt I'll have time to farm Niporailem to complete my sets, but its nice that we at least have the opportunity now.

8. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

Niporailem ???

what is this thief good for?

quest ?

9. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

He is a boss, like Navrey and Slasher.

10. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

thanks - great info update! good to see non-Random - still has the 10,000 HP i bet

11. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

:eek:

Cat's outta the bag. :sad:

I have been hunting this guy for over a week steadily and had nobody else show up. Also on occasion he also drops more than one piece, my best haul was three pieces off one kill. Not to mention one Blade of Batte - unsure if anything else drops. I missed the Magincia deal and was unable to snag the suits, figured it was a glitch left in game that this guy even drops them. Hopefully he keeps dropping them until I get all the suits :D

12. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I wouldn't agree with having a super easy way to get those three items... But I definitely support them being re-added somehow. The Conjurer's Garb in particular, I still feel that the way those were acquired was terribly executed.

13. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i agree.. i only got 2 garbs from the yellow crystals as people kept jumping in and getting the drop.. until i figured out you can get it without even hitting the guy. then i got 2..

i didnt get any of the lucky ones as when i turned in the blue crystals stealthers would wait and hit the last one.. i used up 100s of them and never got one at all.

maybe add them to tybol's shadow as a super rare drop.. along with his regular robe..

14. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Just saying that if they are going to give folk "second chances" at things.... then there are other things that should also be included...

And honestly outside of being nicely colored the stupid Bane Dragons are fairly useless and an extremely POOR substitute for the Dread Warhorse.

And while we are on the subject of "tamables" the Fairy Dragon needs to spawn somewhere that it can be tamed...

15. soze

soze Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

how do you get to him?

i cant figure out which room he is at

16. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Enter the tomb of kings, then go past the fields and down the hall to the larger open room. Go to the east wall and look for a secret door there - follow that path...

17. soze

soze Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

thanks

18. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

lil tip to those who dont know, if you keep your pack full at 125 items, Nipo wont throw sand/gold into your pack.
    what i do is have stackable items in piles of 1, then when i goto loot i combine two piles to make room in pack.

happy huntin

19. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I can see how stealthers would be a problem, but Im unsure of how they would know when the last ones are up. I just waited till like 4am to turn mine in. And yeah I wouldnt use a yellow crystal around others, of course they will jump in.

And for another post, if you have the yellows you can still get the robe to this day.

20. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

They didn't know (I think), they just waited until someone else had been there for 30 seconds or so and then used just 5 or so blues.

21. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Best we do is with 2 tamers and a GD. One stays on the boss the other keep killing the summons.

22. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Not every shard had stealth jerks camping the gypsies in that event- I never missed getting the ones I went for - in fact, I was often the only one doing them at the hours I went.

And, do note that the Gypsy-dropped robes had an additional property over and above what the Harbinger-dropped ones had. And, that the Harbingers still drop them, if you have yellow crystals; they're still common among some (i.e. most of the ones used since the event have been used to grief IDOCs, especially outside Fel - most people not into such grief still have most of theirs).

23. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

The blackrock golems took a while to kill (10-20 min each if i remember right), so people had to put some effort in to complete some suits.
    Now the same armor pieces spawn on a mob which a dexxer can mow down in 60-90 secs.
    Good idea to have the armor pieces spawn again, bad implementation because its to easy to get them now. Random drop on all peerless / champs would have been a better solution, people would still be able to complete the suits.

24. DanteSignas

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So i was killing the theif and server went down. I came back and now the whole hallway is trapped? When did this happen and how can I get past or disable the traps?

25. Myphsar

Myphsar Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

haha, that happened to me a few times, just go very slowly when you get electrified if not stop, then move again SLOWLY. :)