1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[EQ2 News] Game Update 63: SKYSHRINE Tradeskills Preview with Game Designer Brian “Omougi”...

Discussion in 'The Wayward Tavern' started by Taylor, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Tradeskills are a big part of GU 63 and Game Designer Brian “"Omougi"” Ferguson has a lot of exciting information to share!

Continue reading...

2. RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart Visitor

3. Taylor

Thanks, Rhyssa. Right now, the EQ2 posts are being pulled via RSS. I've been looking for someone to run this portal for a long time, but without success. :<

EQII Stratics

4. RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart Visitor

I play.. off and on as my mood hits me. I've been tempted to talk to you about it but I just don't think I'm involved enough any more to run a portal on my own. Unless you want random comments about my guild on AB... I'm sure I could supply those. At least I think I'm still tagged, haven't been on since late January-ish. :oops:

5. Taylor

Many of the folks running the UO portal have been engrossed in RIFT and SWTOR, hehe. My main goal for EQ2 Stratics is to salvage any usable static content from the old portal (Everquest II - EQII Stratics - Your Everquest II Community Resource) and replace it with the WordPress portal (EQII Stratics). I've never played the game, but apparently there is still some useful content on the old portal: it hasn't been updated in over a year, but it still receives around 4,000 unique visits each month. Bizarre.

6. RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart Visitor

Ah, gotcha. That's mostly just and exercise in copypasta though, isn't it? TBH, I rarely use any EQ2 portals except the ones for decorating. I swear that was the only reason I played the game for the longest time, and I do miss redoing my house. :D

7. Taylor

You sound like a UO player. Some of our strongest subcommunities are the UO rares collectors and UO home/castle decorators. :)

8. RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart Visitor

Heh, never played UO in my life. I was a die hard Asheron's Call Darktider from the beginning though, which means I also missed Everquest as well. Eventually ended up playing EQ2 because a RL friend went to work on the game as community manager (he's no longer there) and ended up liking it much better than I did in beta, lol.