1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Equip for PVM myst/spellweave mage

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Voiceless, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Voiceless

Voiceless Guest

120 mage
    120 eval
    120 focus
    120 medit
    120 spelweave
    120 myst
    Give me an advice, what equip should i looking for.

2. Gelf

Gelf Guest

well would say the crystalline ring is a definite must, though would need to know race of char(and perhaps abit more info) to give any specific opinions on needed equipment

3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Look for:

Spell Damage Increase.
    LMC
    LRC

After that, it's up to you...

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I have this same character, but with wrestling instead of spellweaving. I put a good suit together for cheap, just using material that I already had. The entire suit cost less than a crystalline ring. My gear looks like this:

Suit
    Arties - pendant of the magi, totem of the void, mystic's guard, conjurer's garb

Imbued/Runic - chest (night sight, 20 lrc), kilt (2 hpr, 2 mr, 16 lrc), leggings (1 mr, 16 lrc), arms (3 hpi, 2 sr, 2 mr), earrings (4 lmc, 18 lrc), ring (15 dci, 6 sdi, 2 fcr, 1 fc, 8 lmc), bracelet (15 dci, 6 sdi, 2 fcr, 1 fc, 8 lmc)

Stats (without spellbook)
    70/70/70/70/70
    40 lmc \ 100 lrc \ 2/6 casting
    45 dci \ 17 sdi
    10 mr \ 2 sr \ 4 hpr
    +10 int
    4 si \ 3 hpi
    Night Sight

5. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This is what my Mystic/Necro/Mage uses also elf so I can have extra mana not needed from items:

Resist are all 70 except Energy which is 75
    LMC 40 LRC 100 DCI 45% MR 12 HPI 25 Mana Increase 8 FC 2 FCR 6 Luck 40
    +20 Mage Skill, +26 SDI

Cloak of Death
    Ranger Cloak of Agumention

All items are imbued, except Talisman of Void

Two uncommon items would be:
    Wild Staff
    -20 Mage Skill
    Spell Channeling
    15 DCI
    25 DI
    18 Life Leech
    2 HPR

7 Mod staff imbued with Blood Wood ^^

Wooden Shield
    Spell Channeling
    15 DCI
    15% Reflect Physical Damage
    2 HPR
    40 Luck

6 Mod Shield ^^

Even with this setup I still die lol

6. Voiceless

Voiceless Guest

my race - elf
    mysticism also work with 4/6 fc fcr?
    How many manareg should i have?
    I'm new, can you give an advice, what items should i try to buy or find in the begging.

7. Taylor

Elf is a good choice, due to the mana increase.

Mysticism is capped at 2/6, I believe.

My template has both 120 med and 120 focus. With this skill-based mana regen, I have no problems with 10 mr on my suit. I could probably be ok with less.

For suit advice, see my comments above.

8. Gelf

Gelf Guest

4/6 would only be needed if u plan on casting alot of spellweaving spells(unlikely i think). as for equipment u might also want to consider the aegis of grace(or HoM) and spellwoven pants,but mostly u will want to go with imbued items.

how good of a suit u can get will mainly depend on how much u want to spend, and what mods u want.

9. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You will without a doubt be wanting to be a Gargoyle on this character so that you can take advantage of the very powerful rising collosus while moving at mounted speed, it takes up 5 control slots..

10. Taylor

Sheesh, totally forgot about weaving. For weaving, you will indeed want 4/6 casting.

11. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Wrestling for PvM? or is it a PvP char that also does some PvM?

12. Taylor

Kind of a long story...but he's most PvM. Bottom line is, I hadn't tried a wrestle mage in a few years and wanted one.

Longer version is:

The initial design was to have 120 imbuing/120 mystic/120 eval - this was prior to the influence of focus on mysticism. Now that I've added focus, I only need imbuing when I'm ...you know, imbuing. I decided to stone off imbuing and add an additional skill.

I already have a few weavers. Also, I wanted to add a defensive skill, but I already have a few characters who use mage weapons. However, it had been several years since I'd used wrestling (on my red wrestle/scribe). Plus, gargoyles had the cool "Mystic's Guard" shield - I wanted to try that, too. Also, I had a 30 sdi spellbook that wasn't getting much use. Therefore, I decided to stone off imbuing and add wrestling.