1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

er...5 posts in 9 years?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Voluptuous, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Voluptuous

Voluptuous Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May 14, 2001
    Once again I see my post total has gotten reset to 0 ... what the heck

Keep getting "re-born" on this site. Nobody will me seriously if I'm not at least a "babbling loonie"
  2. pavel.vesely

pavel.vesely Guest

Did you come to babble or to count?
  3. Juicy Fruit

Juicy Fruit Guest

your old account and new account did not get merged, from when stratics went caput, as you can see your join date is may 2008
  4. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 26, 2008
    [ python ] I came in for an arguement! [ /python ]

Stratics is sort of like the test center - every few years it gets wiped :)
  5. Jesara

Jesara Guest

Mine was too.

6. I dunno. I tend to take people more seriously based on the content of their posting, rather than the number of posts they've made.

I know a lot of very verbose idiots, and some soft-spoken geniuses.

The category I fall into varies depending on who you talk to about me. :D
  7. Oh man!! Bummer.
  8. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- Angus:
    What do ya' mean? ... la ;)
    where hath my Fayled Dhreams been :(
  9. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

My original account got nuked as well, all I had to do was e-mail them my account name original signup date and approximate post count and they adjusted my data.
  10. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

I agree. Post counts on boards like this just encourage people to troll to get their counts higher. The original poster can have all of my post count if they want. I know its not many but I don't equate my own self worth with the number of posts that shows up under my log in name.

Personally, I would prefer that the people behind stratics would remove post counts all together. Would trim down the number of :postcount: trolls for sure. Not saying that the original poster is a :postcount: troll. Just pointing out how post counts breed those types.
  11. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Sep 8, 2006
    Mine FINALLY got merged, but the day it happened I logged in and my name was Imported_Larisa and I couldn't post anything, I couldn't reply to anything..I was like...ZOMG I'M STUCK!!!

Still a few buggy bugs to work out but overall I really like the new forums, and I sure am glad I'm not Imported anymore :)
  12. They were hoping if you kept getting "reborn" enough you'd finally repent and wish to consider your sins......

13. It's only post counts.They're not really special.If it's just to show everyone on here how old your acct is well.. eh.Imo it's just a board site that is useful to many players/people but to brag over post counts......that just tells me a person has more of a sit at home with lots of time on thier hands.

No offense to connor or anyone else with higher counts.
  14. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Aug 12, 2001
    Don't call Fayled and idiot. That's not nice, and could be looked at as breaking the rules...la
  15. You could have your account wiped out like mine was. :sad4:
  16. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- That's a good point Ricola (thinking of the cough drops, heh). If I truly thought what I wrote would make FD mad, then I wouldn't have written it ;)
    Now as to whether I was leaning towards idiot or genius; well it could be looked at a few different ways, eh?

Anyway. Volupt UO us, I think everyone has already covered everything I know about the subject. Follow the advice, if you like, and you will have your post count back to where it was.
  17. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    What's wrong with imports? All the best stuff is imported from somewhere else.
    Swiss Chocolate
    French Wine
    German Beer
    Chinese Food
    The Swedish Bikini Team
    Russian Vodka
    Canadian Goose-down

The list goes on and on, but see, it's not all bad when it comes to being imported. :D
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!