1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Error in latest patch

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Victoria Navarre, Feb 2, 2010.

1. I keep getting this message for every attempt to log in an play UO. Anyone else getting the same?

This was posted in the official website...

I have neither cooperation nor patience. :(

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

The log-in issues were back on January 11th and are old news.

It sounds like you ended up with a corruption in the patch download. Navigate through your hard drive to the UO-Folder and open the "patch" folder. Delete everything in the folder and try to patch again. This should fix it.

Good Luck!

3. BeefSupreme

BeefSupreme Guest

Happened to me as well. Although in my case, it borked my install enough that I had to do a fresh re-install.

4. I followed your directions and I am still not having any luck. I have deleted the items in the patch folder a few times now and I still get the same message I got at first. Do I need to DL the EC to play? It says I don't have the latest (EC) client.

5. Yikes...thats not good. I hope I wont have to go and do the same thing.

6. BeefSupreme

BeefSupreme Guest

This was with the classic client. Enhanced is the devil.

7. *laughs* Yeah I agree with that...but yeah...I am having to reinstal the game files now. It kept locking up with me.

8. OK so I go and delete my UO files that were messed up by the last patch. I DL the files from the EAMythic official site,but it will not add an icon to the desktop and I am only able to open read-me files when I search my HD for anything pertaining to UO. What am I doing wrong and how I get back into the game?

9. OK so I am back to where I was,after eight or so deletes and reinstalls. Still getting this....

I am able now to open the client just to get stopped at the "Verifying Account..." screen. The UO client was working perfectly for me before the last patch,and now all I can do is stare at the verify screen with hopes it will load. *sighs* :thumbdown:

10. Error durring session.
    Removed patch files no go..
    I can start my old client and log in with my non gargoyle.
    This need to be reverted.. FAIL

11. Now other char are doing it..
    ---------------------------
    Error
    The UO game client has crashed. To report this crash, hit Control-C and paste the contents of your clipboard

into an email addressed to [email protected] with a description of what you were doing when it crashed.

Version: 7.0.4.4

Exception Id: 3221225477

Module: client.exe

Checksum: 3385538013

OK

12. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Hmmm... the only other thing I can think of is that your firewall settings may be conflicting with it. I have one friend that has to shut his down everytime it patches or he gets those errors.

13. Sellingahouse

Sellingahouse Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well Im having the same damn problem. I shut down my virus protection, deleted patch files many times, nothing is working. I dont want to reinstall UO is there anything else I can do?

14. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Have you tried running UO as Administrator? If you have UOAssist, try running just UO by itself and as Admin. That sometimes helps when I keep getting the patch errors. Other than as someone already suggested and delete the old patch files.

15. Sellingahouse

Well I dont have UOAssist. I cant even hit ok to play without the patch.

Reinstalling UO. joy, joy

Getting a patching error with SA now im going to try 9th age.

16. Sellingahouse

The reinstall worked after 3 times and I didnt have to redo my marcos :).

17. How can I check to see if they conflict? And anyway...do I even want to bring down the firewall to do this?

18. There was no fix for mine. I keep a copy of UO on a Flash Drive on my set of keys. If I want to show a friend the game, I can just plug it in and play right from it. This helped with the freshing of my UO. I just deleted the old one NOT UNINSTALL.. I dropped my flash copy on top. The next time this copy patched all was well. So if you have the spare $5 for a flash drive I would get one, if you do not already.

19. Tycolby

Tycolby Guest

Right Click on desktop icon
    go to properties
    click on compatability
    run as XP
    and select admin
    hit ok
    now you should be able to patch like i did

Good luck

20. When I DL the UO files from the Mythic Site,it does not place an icon on my desktop. I have to manually create one.

21. I have had to shut down all of my internet security as well as all of my firewall and antivirus programs for the last couple of patches to work right. If you have PeerGuardian, AVG antivirus & internet security, privoxy proxy, Spybot, etc. for internet security, you will have to exit all of them and reload them after the patch is done, or you'll get the patch error.

22. bryanayrb

bryanayrb Guest

Thanks DarkScripture! finally got it to work by basically doing what you said: I coppied the entire UO folder from the c drive of one computer to my other computer. The updater has been failing for months on my second computer and stopping me from logging in. Now it is finally working again.:thumbup1:

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!