1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Error with new patch...please help.

Discussion in 'Beta Testing Archive' started by Shinobi, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Shinobi

Shinobi Guest

When i started it up, it ran through the patching session, but ended with "Error during session". It says i can play the game still, but it won't be as up-to-date. How do i re-apply the patch? I start it up again, but it won't repatch and just says the same thing.

2. Nurse Miss Maude

Nurse Miss Maude Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hi Shinobi
    Go in programs. The High Seas Client should be in an Electronic Arts folder, NOT the normal EA Games folder. Open the patch folder, it should be empty. If it's not delete what's in there. Then re-start and try to patch again.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have the same problem. There is no patch folder, there is no patchlog. I have no idea how to fix it other than a full re-install so I'll wait to see if this is a general error before taking that step.

4. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Same just happened to me, just click ok to play the game anyway and log in as normal ;)

Genious here

Thunderz

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

yes, but it still needs mentioning as an error which is affecting a significant number of people.

I have win 7 32 bit OS, if that's relevant.

6. Lady Tia

Lady Tia Certifiable

Go to the folder where the High Seas Beta is installed, right click UOPatch.exe and run as administrator. That fixed it for us.

7. Nurse Miss Maude

Nurse Miss Maude Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

That could be relevant. I'm running XP 64 bit. Had no issue at all patching. I haven't tried it on my win 7 system yet though.

8. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I tried this with my shortcut, ran as Admin -- and the 9631859 bytes patch applied! Thanks :) [Vista]