1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'UHall' started by WarUltima, Apr 29, 2009.

1. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 3, 2004
    Ok given that I almost started to play Darkfall, but I didnt. I talked to most of my former guildies (most of them are in darkfall, and some in wow) and the ones in Darkfall seemed to be pretty hyped up. However Darkfall requires a lot of grind to make it work (they say its like classic UO all over again) so I decided not to play it. (even tho I have darkfall account setup I stopped at the e-purchase page).

Anyways even tho Ive read about a lot of exploits and unattended macroers in darkfall and the game isnt "refined" in any shape or form compared to WoW, they sure stole quite a few "classic UO vet players".

UO dont seem to have all the hype anymore, and the next big thing would be SA... can we get an ETA on it? Or are we just gonna have to wait till DEVs are happy about it with all the retail pricing worked out and all that kind of stuff...

What about beta testing stage for SA? will it be release on to TC? What's it gonna be? :bored:
  2. Splup

Splup Guest

Or how about marketing it?....

I mean almost no one who hasn't played UO has ever even heard of it. Or if they have, that's like 9 years ago.

How about WoW? Everyone knows WoW even if they don't even own a computer.

How could we get new players if they don't know this game exists?
  3. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 13, 2005
    I think that the lack of responses should show you that even us who lurk here allready know the answer.
    It is afterall allmost the same question asked every week (try using search).

Nobody want's to rush the next chapter of UO's life out till it's ready.
    We all learned from the past few that pixel crack is only a very short term fix.

UO:SA is being watched by most 'Oldies' from UO (i speak for the vets that i know of) and yes they will return if it lives up to expectations.
    Also the opposite applies in if it's rushed out before its ready it will cause alot more people to loose faith and leave UO, which none of us want.

Don't rush the Devs and please stop asking the same question (albiet in different forms) as we ALL know they wont answer till their ready.

I can understand your impatience but remember 'patience is a virtue' :thumbsup:
  4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

May 12, 2008

Tazar Guest

6. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- Aye.
    - Very well said; although even if the OP wasn't presented in a more preferable tone, I certainly enjoy the impatience, for it ~ equates to continued enthusiasm for UO, imho...
    UO :)

* sawwy. I enjoyed the post :) yet all the same, I added some personal emphasis n such :blush:
  7. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

Exactly. Even if SA is great and a ton of 'old vets' come back as people are claiming will happen, we still need NEW players and NEW players have no clue what UO is, much less SA.

I am not saying we need to get Ozzy to do a commercial for us. But, maybe Tom Jones is available? Or how about Rick Springfield? Anybody?
  8. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003

D'Amavir Guest

I agree. Maybe we can still hold out hope for a commercial or two. Doubtful, but we can dream.
  10. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    they just posted it will be released this summer