1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ethereal Void Imperium Capital (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Government' started by Ethereal Void Imperium, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Ethereal Void Imperium

Stratics Veteran

Ethereal Void Imperium Capital

We wish to bring the topic of the Imperium Capital to our community for discussion. Right now we really haven't decided exactly where our Capital will exist. We have been discussing this back and fourth and each of the leaders have some great points. We are in agreement that Kijustsu Anei Keys should not be the Capital. Its a fishing village and its right next to Guardians Gate (Don't want that Royal Guard Deputy Commander and his people having easy access from Guardians Gate and Britain.) *Smiles*

So we have narrowed it down to two possible locations

Kijustsu Anei Village
    and
    Moria Village

Each township has wonderful reasons for why it should be our capital. They also have wonderful reasons why they should not be our capital. So we want the community to decide which township should be the Capital of the Ethereal Void Imperium. Keep in mind this is just for roleplay. To be honest the only physical appearance you will see is the Imperium Hall.

2. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

Moria.

It is (or so I am told) the seat of your worldly power; the foremost bastion of Imperial might in all of Greater Sosaria. It is strategically sound and controls a major overland trade route (IC) separating the Windemere and Covetous Peaks from Old Britannia. The buildings are made of stone and are well fortified. And neither New Britannia nor Zento can argue a claim to the lands occupied by the ring of Castles and Keeps.

Kijustsu Anei is to the Imperium what Bucanneers Den is to the Kingdom of Britannia; a den of filth and debauchery where the law is determined by the strongest and most able. To make it a capitol would mean that it would need to be defended. It would mean diplomats and envoys would be exchanged between the Village and its neighboring states. It would mean laws would have to be better enforced. You risk loosing the ambiance in the exchange.

On the other hand - fictional details and mildly IC observations aside - Moria doesn't appear quite as fleshed out as Kijustsu Anei. It may have been no more than the fact that a wandering passerby is barred from entering the private houses.

So it appears you've developed a Triumvirate. I'm curious to see who will be the first to proclaim themselves Caesar Augustus.

3. Benito

Benito Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Moria, simply because the Felucca rule set provides more varied role playing opportunities.

4. Kire

Kire Guest

The integrity of flesh always outweighs stone and steel, KAV has loyalty and spirit. Never underestimate the power of people united by the greater good. KAV is devoted to the catapulting UO into the next decade. Most are looking to be part of something bigger than themselves.

5. WildStar

WildStar UO Baja News Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Campaign Benefactor BRPA

I will admit to being unsure which location should be the capital and said we should open it up for input from others. After seeing the input so far, I can see a strong case for Moria being the capital. It would give them something else besides the Fight Nights.

WildStar

6. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

I am under the impression that the decision is based on IC motives and drives rather than OOC. I am sure members of both communities (Moria and Kijustsu Anei) are dedicated roleplayers with an interest in seeing things move forward.

But that is just my thought.