1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Ethy Retouch Tool / Bug

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Peppermace, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Peppermace

Peppermace Guest

UO.com described this as "anyone can use it" but, alas, only 11 year old accounts are able to do so right now. Tried and tested :/

If anyone is curious about what this does, I've tried it out on a few ethys. Pics aren't necessary. The ethy horse becomes a palomino, the ostard becomes a solid desert ostard, and the cu becomes a plain normal white cu. Kind of fun, but I was hoping the ostards would come in colors hehehe. Great for an RPer!

You can tell if your ethy, or one you may want to buy off a a player/vendor, has been hit with this paintbrush tool because ethy's now have a description bar that says "transparent" if its a shadowy classic ethy or "Normal" if it's become solid art from this tool.

Thanks to Jade for experimenting with me with this nifty new gadget!
  2. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    I think they meant anyone can ride a retouched mount. The tool is like a Weapon Engraver, you need to be old enough to use it.
  3. kokopelli

kokopelli Guest

Can we please get an official word here? Where is the error - in the herold text or in the tool itself?
  4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oct 21, 2008

Anyone have pix of a touched-up charger? On an unrelated note, anyone available to touch-up a charger on Europa? :lol:
  5. AtlanticVlad

Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    I really hope they keep it that way honestly I thought it was really cheep at least for the one item other then an ethy or clothes which i don't care about that I could claim it and just any one could use it. Whats the point in keeping my account open that long if I can just let someone else do so for me and claim what I want for me? Am I the only one who feels this way?
  6. Chelle

Chelle Guest

Any word on this? I know my one account cannot use this tool either.
  7. You posted about the Ethy mount tool being able to use it on any character. But my 5th year character can’t use it. Why is that?
    It is currently a bug that only 11th year players are able to use the retouching tool. It is meant to only be claimable by 11th year but usable by everyone. This will be fixed in an upcoming publish

copied from uo.com
  8. The Alliance

The Alliance Guest

Any word on when this will be fixed? Really would like to use the retouching tool i paid MILLIONS for !!!!!
  9. AaronTheAssassin

AaronTheAssassin Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 3, 2008
    Ive seen a touched charger, it is possible, I mistook it for an ethy horse until the rider corrected me.
  10. The Alliance

The Alliance Guest

Can I please get a response from someone from Mythic EA please ??!!
  11. The Alliance

The Alliance Guest

This stinks I paid MILLIONS for this tool and let alone cant use it but cant even get an ETA on when will be able use it.:yell:
  12. Chelle

Chelle Guest

Any word yet when this tool is going to be fixed and be able to be used by anyone?