1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EUROPA Dont forget Tuesdays Event!!!!

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Guest, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

The Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt is coming! Overview: Held at the Yew Waterfalls garden, the Scavenger Hunt will be held on each shard. Come join the fun, hang out with your friends, and maybe win a prize!

5 prizes!!!

Schedule:

Europe:
    Europa: Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 1:30PM EST (7:30pm local Western European Time zone)

Kinda guessing this will be 6.30 gmt>???????? or is it 5.30 gmt????

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Doh!

Why can´t they figure out a European time and post that... [​IMG]

Anyway, nice reminder. Didn´t know about it.
    Best part is: No work on Tuesday!!! [​IMG]

3. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

They can actually figure it out. WET is the same as GMT (+0).
    So 7:30PM WET is 7:30PM GMT.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Err...I dont think that is right. Western Europe is GMT+1. UK is EST+5 and Western Europa is EST+6.

So I think this means 6.30PM in the UK and 7.30PM in Western Europe for the event.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

6. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Err...I dont think that is right. Western Europe is GMT+1. UK is EST+5 and Western Europa is EST+6.

So I think this means 6.30PM in the UK and 7.30PM in Western Europe for the event.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Wikipedia and google never lie!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, sorry. I thought that the WET time given in the OP´s post was THP´s own translation of the EST time... [​IMG]

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Why didnt they call it GMT then .. the 'time base' that the world works around??

See western europe to me means poland and germany etc that are depending on the month of year +1 or +2 hours infront of the uk????

Iam always confused with world times...and the uk is the most stupid zone for changing its time in the winter months....pahhhh

9. <blockquote><hr>

Why didnt they call it GMT then .. the 'time base' that the world works around??

See western europe to me means poland and germany etc that are depending on the month of year +1 or +2 hours infront of the uk????

Iam always confused with world times...and the uk is the most stupid zone for changing its time in the winter months....pahhhh

[/ QUOTE ]

The UK is THE centre for time zones, hence GMT (Greenwich Mean Time, the zero line of longitude)
    Western european time is the same as GMT (in theory) but every other country is different, Germany is one hour in front of us (and east of the UK) as is France, (more or less south of the UK and Spain (west of us)
    Portugal (which is way west of us shares the same time zone) Go figure!
    The US gets even more confused by this by insting that no other time zones exist on the planet apart from the main four mainland zones, Pacific, Mountain, Central and Eastern.

So basically we are right in the UK, we invented it, and everone else is wrong [​IMG]

10. Guest

Guest Guest

That was my thinking

The world revolves around the uk axis = GMT

So why not use it!! ...and post times + or - GMT

11. Barian

Barian Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

the uk is the most stupid zone for changing its time in the winter months....pahhhh

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually we change it in the Spring and Autumn.................. [​IMG]

12. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Germany is one hour in front of us (and east of the UK) as is France

[/ QUOTE ]

tbh i have no clue when i have to be online tonight ... and yes i am living in Germany.
    Guess the best is to be there from 17:30 to 21:30 ... just to be sure.
    ... ah wait ... there is something called reallife-family ... so its a lottery again wether or not i can join this hunt

13. Guest

Guest Guest

did we actually settle on a time yet folks? i shouted out on guild last night that anyone wishing to come along should be at my house by 7.15pm, will we be late? early? on time?

help!

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmm, following the above link to http://www.timezoneconverter.com it says:
    01:30:00 p.m. Tuesday February 19, 2008 in EST converts to
    07:30:00 p.m. Tuesday February 19, 2008 in Europe/Berlin

So thats quite exact.

Thnx

15. Guest

Guest Guest

1.30 EST = 6.30 GMT; 7.30 CET;

6.30 in London,

7.30 in Paris, Berlin &amp; Brussels

8.30 in Helsinki &amp; Athens

9.30 in Moscow

And I'll add the time converter site I've used to the FAQ for future reference

16. Guest

Guest Guest

thank you [​IMG]

17. davebobbit

davebobbit Guest

So where the hell is this place?

Im probably too late now anyway

18. Fluffi

Fluffi Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Unbelievably pathetic. [​IMG]

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi,
    Yea, i was there, got my pink bag and read the books, went to get stuff and by the time i got bck it was all over.
    sad to say some of the characters that won were newly created characters and maybe a x-sharder.
    Would of been more fun if it lasted the half hour that she said we had, oh well

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh... My... God...! [​IMG]

Wth was that?
    Apparently they use the same item list on all shards. So some people knew what to hand in and the event was over after about 5 seconds...
    How could EA/the devs NOT see that coming??? Took the fun out of the event for so many people. [​IMG]

I am very disappointed. I like scavanger hunts. But there has to be some sort of a challenge otherwise it´s not a "hunt".

Well, I´m just speechless...

21. Fluffi

Fluffi Slightly Crazed

My feedback on the main UO page....

I have just witnessed the "Valentines Scavenger Hunt" on Europa.

Did it not occur to anybody that if you kept the quest items the same for all shards, that those who tried earlier on other shards would arrive with the quest items already in their backpacks?

The event was "won" by 2 x-sharders who made new characters just for the event: They "won" before half of those present had even picked-up their quest bag.

I look forward to hearing your justification for this - on a public forum such as Stratics, perhaps.

Congratulations. I have never been motivated to give bad feedback before, but you have just made a mockery of everything I thought UO stood for.

.... and you think that this type of thing is an adequate replacement for EM events?

Pathetic.

22. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry, i forgot to say the Items was easy to get (if u have a rune back)
    so it didnt take anyone long to get the items,
    Just incase anyone thnks i was too slow, heh

23. Guest

Guest Guest

just over 60 seconds for me.
    friends that know me know of my passion for europa rares. its a shame that some will now not stay on europa but be taken away to other shards unless organisers had the sense to make the items not transferrable?
    oh hang on, they will for suer be on other shards probably already!

24. Guest

Guest Guest

Please use the Feedback-form which is linked from the Valentines page to send the appropriate feedback!

And dont forget to set the selectbox to "Quest and Event Feedback"

25. Guest

Guest Guest

Trust me, i will NEVER forget this tuesday event..lmao

26. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

Forget it? Forget it?. I wish I could. As a non-event it reigns supreme in my list of things I wish I could forget.