1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Europa events

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ivory Norwind, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I've been playing on Europa but obiouvlsy i know english only at school. It's Europa shard, isn't it?? There are many states that knows english only at school. I'm italian and for 11 years italian has not been considered like language. German, french, spanish and many others languages are traduceds. Italian NOT YET. Far from 11 years.
    Ok, event moderator, i know english not very well and normally i look at journal.
    But "surprise"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Casca and all other events are written in YELLOW!!!!!!!!!
    It's i good choice??
    Most of players write in yellow and it's not a colour who is very
    evident in journal.
    PLEASE, CHOOSE ANOTHER COLOUR!!!!!!!!
    Or, and i'd be very gratefull for this, give me a coupon for an english school. So i'll learn english much more then now and i'll understand also if Yellow is the most colour used by all people.
    THANKS

2. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I agree, the default colors for both the "yellow" characters and emotes are unreadable against the background of the 2d client journal.

KR is a little better if you can run it as the text shows up against a transparent background.

3. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I hate KR and 3D.
    And UO could be alwayrs the same in 2D or KR.
    I Hope that event moderator read this post

4. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

oh yea, I definitely agree with you on this. The problem is that the default text color is yellow, and it's almost impossible to read in the journal, makes my job more annoying.

So, if any EMs are reading this, especially you LS EMs :D change your text color!

5. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

I've noticed that chesapeake's EMs are very good about choosing colors that show well in the journal.I've never had a problem with it.

6. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Think Italian is bad? Try being Dutch.

But you have a darn good point.

My next comment is directed to the EMs on all shards:

If you choose a color from the color pallet (any from the top row) and increase the brightness all the way up, it will make a bright, easy to read color over your head (in 2d, haven't tried KR) and in the journal, the color will be DARK and easy to read. It's a great way to get your point across.