1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Europa News on uo.stratics.com

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Angel121, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Angel121

Angel121 Guest

I just noticed that the europa front screen doesn't show the latest news from Mapper and co. Although we're doing events 2-3 times a week and we have a small metric flubbertonne of piccies and news the front page is showing over a month ago was the last action on europa...

How is it updated and is this the forum to say "Hey, wassup with that?"

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That's completely my fault. Theres a new system on Stratics that posts automaticly to both uo.stratics.com and the forums and I have decided not to use it.

So I need to remember to manually post on both locations - I'll get uo.stratics.com up to date shortly.

3. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If you decide to change your mind on that, let me know via PM here please, then I can hang about and catch the inevitable deluge that the initial set up sets off :)

4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'd like to say the reason I haven't used it is mainly of organisation.

From what I see this automatic system applies [News] to all the forum posts. I like to use [Report], [Fiction] and [EM Event] etc to try make it easier to read posts. So for that reason and a couple minor ones regarding editing, I won't be using it.

5. Angel121

Angel121 Guest

Thankyou mapper for updating the front page :) we're looking alive again.

One of the main reasons I felt I should mention it was that a few old friends in UO asked what it was like. They didn't believe me when I said I'd been running off my feet with UO events.

Trying to get them reading the forums to see but they just got as far as the front page and went "meh, it's dead."

6. Mina_Lino

Mina_Lino Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It IS truly annoying when you're bored and you want to check out the events on your server...and you only see those who have already passed and not the upcomming ones.

7. Flame (DrR)

Stratics Veteran

keep an eye on the Europa EM event calendar here http://europa.uoem.net/ as well as here on stratics. Most events are advertised ahead of time.