1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Evaluating Intel and summons

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by startle, Feb 25, 2013.

1. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Does Evaluating Intelligence have any effect on summons like EV's?
    Are they more powerful or last longer?

#1 startle, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Hmmmm, good question. I've never noticed. I have a mage with 120 mage and eval so will stone off the eval and try out tonight.

I know that there is a big difference with Mystic and no Focus, summons don't last nearly as long.

3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Just quickly tried out. They seem to last the same time (more than 1 minute) the timer showed me. Thats with or without eval. As for damage I didn't have time to check as at work so a bit tricky.

Also do slayers have an effect on summons?

#3 DJAd, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  4. startle

Hmmm.... good question. I have no idea... We need some input here folks...

5. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

Slayer spellbooks have no effect on the summoned creature's duration, stats, skills, or damage to their targets.

For controllable Magery summons (elementals, demon), the duration of the summon is based on the Magery skill (Eval Int is not factored in). The duration of a Bladespirit and EV are fixed, with the Magery skill only effecting chance to cast the spell. See here: http://uo2.stratics.com/magery/spells

The Spellweaving spell Arcane Empowerment will make the magery summons tougher. See here: http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/spellweaving. This spell and the bard masteries are the only ways to improve the magery summons.

Stayin Alive,

BG

6. startle

Thanks BG, that's what I needed to know. My Bard carrys Magery and the only offensive spell he ever casts is EV. I'm juggling his skills around, and was asking this question because I was contemplating giving him GM or higher Eval Int - IF, and only IF - it would make the EV's more powerful or last longer... Now I know I can look at something else...