1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Eve Online

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by StaticOnAtlantic, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Man I been searching MMPORG's for a while, I just stopped a 3 months vacation from UO playing BY FAR THE worst game ever, wow. Jesus Christ what a horrible game.

ANYWAYS, I was thinking about giving EVE a shot, Anyone with any input?

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Talk to Rico. Think he's been away from EVE for a while, but he was really into it before he started his new blog.

3. im not listening anything that rico ever has to say ;).

Yeah just looking for something new. I think the only way ill come back to UO is the whole classic idea. BUTTT this is off topic so. :)

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

You should look at Combat Arms. Free-to-play first person shooter, hundreds of thousands of players, constant action, short games, lots of fun. They have some hacker issues, but players can vote to boot other players from games. I'm enjoying it.

5. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

The thing with stuff like games is that you can't trust that anyone who tried to tell you whether it's good/bad is going to think the same things are good/bad as you do.
    Last I checked, if you pick up EVE through Steam, you get a 21-day free trial (at that time, 14-day was the best anywhere else).

In light of what I said above, I'll meaninglessly add that I thought it was pretty good.

Either way, if you can spare the time to give it a good try, go for it. The worst that can happen is that you won't like it, and you'll have "wasted" a few hours on it.

6. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

EVE is great if you like graphical multiuser Excel sheets.

7. lol

8. I play battlefield bad company 2 kinda fills that need to kill gap ;)

9. I gots >the Perfect< game for you to try nooblar

EA Revives Ultima as Free-to-Play Browser Game | GameLife | Wired.com

:danceb:

10. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Awww, that was just mean...la