1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Even the Mayor will riot

Discussion in 'UHall' started by G.v.P, Jan 31, 2012.

1. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was about to turn-in an angry rioter to Minoc's guard when I saw ANOTHER angry rioter, who spawned right next to the Guard Captain! Even worse, the rioter was the mayor! lol :hahaha:

[​IMG]

2. yorky

yorky Guest

lol this happened in Skara Brae too, what hope is there if even the major is hungry poor and buring the town down!

3. goldenpower

goldenpower Guest

I think guards are rioting too!

4. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Wasn’t all THAT long ago... the mayor of Washington DC was busted in a hotel room with a hooker and a bag of crack. When he was facing the cameras, hands cuffed behind he’s back... he had choice words too. I remember all too well people wearing tee-shirts with his famous quote. “THE B***H SET ME UP!!!”, minus the censoring. lol. Convicted, jail time... tell you how stupid people are, he got re-elected. Wonder why DC was the murder capital of the world during those years.

5. Nonel

Nonel Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hah. Good ol' Marion Barry. I wrote someone's law school thesis on him, lol.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

hmm, back to UO? Whatever RL politcians get up to, it's not relevant to this board.

7. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

lol Must be really close to election day in Minoc and he is WAY behind in the polls :gee:

8. Capn Kranky

Capn Kranky Guest

okay - I'll agree with that, but it does appear that the game is following RL to some extent. Else, why all the "occupy ..." rioters, etc in the various towns and cities of Britannia?

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

because it creates an event that we can all take part in. You don't need to have a fighter char to feed & cloth the protesters or put out the fires.

We do NOT want to have to referee RL political firestorms on this games forum. Therefore I'm saying that any attempt to steer the threads in that direction will not be allowed.

10. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

I've had the Mayor as an Angry Protester. Also in Skara, wonder if the Mayors in any other towns riot or protest?.

11. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

All these Atlantic crashes... we may be out and join the riot. :mf_prop:

12. goldenpower

goldenpower Guest

correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen them referred to as "occupy rioters" by anyone except by people trying to stir up trouble on this forum.

maybe the Devs did get the idea for this from real life events, so what? that's right where it stops being about IRL and becomes a game.

if you want to argue with people over real life politics, take it to Twitter.

13. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

From what the community is saying I guess any of the blue npcs you see in a city can and will turn into rioters, hehe. Mayors, guards. The whole lot. Was my first look at a Mayor though, and given the spawn location--right next to the guard--I thought it was worth a post! :)

14. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I had a couple of the jailors riot in Yew... :)

15. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Personally, I like that if the NPC is a type that normally has 2 empty hands, its rioter version spawns with a pitchfork....

[​IMG]

"I'M TELLING MOB!!!!!!"