1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Event Item List

Discussion in 'Stratics Help and Suggestions' started by Manticore, May 16, 2016.

1. Manticore

Manticore Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Something is wrong with this season's event item list. The bottom half is all messed up with coding. I tried to fix it but it said it can only hold 40000 chars or something like that. Please fix it or otherwise I won't be able to add anymore items to the list.

2. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

editing my posts has caused the same issue

3. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron Event Coordinator

Should be fixed now.

Edit for clarity: the limit should no longer be a problem. If there is still another problem with the coding please let us know so we can look further into it.

I'm moving this post to the Stratics Help forum so we can keep track better. Thanks.

#3 Riyana, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  4. Manticore

Stratics Veteran Alumni

I just took a look at it and it is still the same.

5. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron Event Coordinator

The character limit is the same? Or the coding?

6. Manticore

Stratics Veteran Alumni

i don't have the word limit problem but a new problem exisits now a lot more coding lanauge is showing up

7. nexus

nexus Site Support
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend

Well need some info...

Is it happening to new posts, or only when editing older posts? There was an update to the editor as part of the updates the other night, it might be root cause of the problem.

Speranza likes this.
  8. nexus

nexus Site Support
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend

It appears this is only happening to older posts when they are being edited. Unfortunately the only real solution is to start a new thread instead of updating an older one. Threads created beginning Friday shouldn't have this problem occurring, so if you start a new one, it shouldn't be a problem for the foreseeable future.

Speranza likes this.