1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Event, join us first week in June, Siege Battlefest, Return to the Fun

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by FrejaSP, May 15, 2015.

1. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

The Event will start Monday June 1th, right after server up and last a week.
    http://stratics.com/community/threads/siege-battlefest-return-to-the-fun.339933/
    The success of the event depend of you as player.
    And we will all need to help spread the word, maybe copy this text to an ingame book and drop copies ingame

:sword::pirate::heart::thumbsup:
    The goels for the event is:
    1. Bring old Siege players back
    2. Making new players try out Siege
    3. Get rid of old hate, just for a week
    4. Get players out of hiding
    5. Make the players, PvP'ers as well as non PvP'ers dress up for PvP and not running in crap and die in 3 sec.
    6. Remove dry looting and heavy looting for a week
    7. Less use of cheap tactics to win on any cost
    8. All in all, bringeing the fun back

You may say, this is not possible, and maybe you are right, but let us try anyway.

Here is the rules:

The event will take place in special zones:
    - VvV Battle towns
    - Old Dungeons in Felucca
    - Termur /Abyss
    - The Sea
    - Around player shops

Items you will need:
    - A light yellow round bag. In the bag, you pot something for the one who kill you to loot. it can be gold, gems, resources, magic stuff, potions or something else.
    - A book, where you write a short message to your killer and where he can sign with his name and maybe a message. I hope EC client do not mess up the books to much.

The zones are places where a new battle will effect the way of looting. That include thief actions.

The looting will work this way, each player carry a bag, light yellow, in the backpack, he place something in it for the winner to loot. Thieves can steal from this yellow bag and if they die, they will only lose their yellow bag

What is in the bag is up to the players. If he die alot, he may only add something good once a day if he can't afford more. Don't use blessed deeds and checks unless you put a note in Yellow bag, telling you will hand it over when ressed.

A PvM'er may use it as his loot bag, and if killed, the winner get all he looted from monsters.

A Crafter may drop some crafted stuff in it, could be a suit with room for more imbuing, or anything else, he use to sell on his vendor.

I'm sure a PvP'er can find something too or use a yellow bag he looted from someone else.

If you kill someone, only loot his yellow bag and sign his book. As books are bugged, when using both EC and CC, always start on a new page and use short phrase in EC to make it readable for all.

If you die, get a new yellow bag and enjoy next fight without having to replace your suit.

I hope it will work and all will do their part to share the fun this week.

See you on Siege

Edited /Added:

I would like to hear ideas for what to put in the yellow bag, what do you think about putting in yours, and what would love to find in in the yellow bag, when you kill someone.

Keep in mind, not all are wealthy, so a guy, who only can afford cheap gear, may add less valuable to his yellow bag. The guy, who run in maxed out gear, may need to add better stuff to the bag.

So lets get some ideas, I'm sure alot are unsecure, what would good stuff for the bag? Also keep in mind, blessed stuff do not stay in the bag, so if you want to add something like a community deed with resources, you need to place a book and tell, you will hand it over, when back after a res and tell the killer, he may grap something else on your body, to trade with, if he not trust your word.

I had not yet considered what to add to my yellow bags, are going to pack several this weekend. I do believe, a nice jewelry, imbuing resources or maybe something laying in my treasure room using space.

I know there are alot hate between some guilds and vs some players but if all will give it a chance, we could use this event as a break from the wars and the hate.

I know, there are players who do not read the forums and may not see the ingame books I'm dropping. If someone want to help me find mailboxes to drop books in, just ask me and I will copy as many you need.

I also believe it will have a good effect dropping a book in an enemy's mailbox, as the mailbox show senders name and that is a way to tell the enemy, you are going try making this work.

A little help and Info about the yellow bag and book. I try to drop some around shops, banks and moongatet and the bag at Young Travelers Inn is set to anyone and will have some bags, so you only need to add reward for the killer.
    To the scribers on Siege, please make copies of the bags with books and help me get the word around and give bags to your friends.

[​IMG]

#1 FrejaSP, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
    SunWolf and Lore Denin (GL) like this.
  2. Marisa Kirisame

Marisa Kirisame Seasoned Veteran

Blessed items are only kept on death if they are in the top layer of a backpack. If inside a bag inside a backpack, it can be looted - as far as I can remember.

Also check out Siege's Newcomers Thread. Useful starting-out info that's still being collected though.

3. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

You are wrong here, all my blessed items are in bags when I die, but when I res, they are in my main bag.

Lore Denin (GL) likes this.
  4. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

Count Loria in! Should be a great way to start off the month of June. I encourage other guild and individuals of siege past, present and perhaps future to post support and pass the word.

Of course there will always be someone who wants to ruin event, etc. So wear what you can afford to lose.

Luckily on siege the shard as a whole can make it very uncomfortable for people who intend to grief the event and I suggest we can have an active thread throughout the week of players dry looting and taking things not in the designated bags.

-Lore

5. FrejaSP

An active thread to post in is a good idea but I would like to see the good stories there too, Sometimes, there are more to a story about dry looting. Maybe the victim did not go back to body and look, maybe he did something to deserve it. Maybe the killer did not know about the event. Lets try to solve the issues we get in a friendly way first.
    If it turn out, we have some, we will take it from there, but so far, I had only got positive support also from the evil players, they too, look forward to more actions.

6. FrejaSP

I hope some will come and join us this week, it may be a good idea to play a little on Siege already now to get skills up and get some basis armor and some ideas to what to put in the yellow bag

7. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

This deserves to get a bump. Come one come all! Try Siege - it's fun!

8. FrejaSP

Remember to pack a few yellow bags

9. bla bla 12

bla bla 12 Visitor

10. FrejaSP

I would like to hear ideas for what to put in the yellow bag, what do you think about putting in yours, and what would love to find in in the yellow bag, when you kill someone.

Keep in mind, not all are wealthy, so a guy, who only can afford cheap gear, may add less valuable to his yellow bag. The guy, who run in maxed out gear, may need to add better stuff to the bag.

So lets get some ideas, I'm sure alot are unsecure, what would good stuff for the bag? Also keep in mind, blessed stuff do not stay in the bag, so if you want to add something like a community deed with resources, you need to place a book and tell, you will hand it over, when back after a res and tell the killer, he may grap something else on your body, to trade with, if he not trust your word.

I had not yet considered what to add to my yellow bags, are going to pack several this weekend. I do believe, a nice jewelry, imbuing resources or maybe something laying in my treasure room using space.

I know there are alot hate between some guilds and vs some players but if all will give it a chance, we could use this event as a break from the wars and the hate.

I know, there are players who do not read the forums and may not see the ingame books I'm dropping. If someone want to help me find mailboxes to drop books in, just ask me and I will copy as many you need.

I also believe it will have a good effect dropping a book in an enemy's mailbox, as the mailbox show senders name and that is a way to tell the enemy, you are going try making this work.

#10 FrejaSP, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  11. Marisa Kirisame

Marisa Kirisame Seasoned Veteran

Trapped 30 boxes.

12. FrejaSP

They are a nice item to put in the yellow bag, special for young crafters. :)

#12 FrejaSP, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  13. Cashew

Cashew Visitor

OK, will come back for this. Have not played in over 10 years, but will try again.

When I was here, I had a blast. Was an orc, but I do not feel right waking him up. So, it will be a new toon.

Lore Denin (GL) and FrejaSP like this.
  14. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Cashee if you need anything message me, I'll be online tomorrow and can get you a little to get started

FrejaSP likes this.
  15. FrejaSP

A little help and Info about the yellow bag and book. I try to drop some around shops, banks and moongatet and the bag at Young Travelers Inn is set to anyone and will have some bags, so you only need to add reward for the killer.
    To the scribers on Siege, please make copies of the bags with books and help me get the word around and give bags to your friends.

[​IMG]

Tjalle and Lore Denin (GL) like this.
  16. Cashew

Cashew Visitor

Thanks. I have been trying to activate ICQ, but have been having problems.

17. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

In Support of SIEGE BATTLEFEST STARTING NOW!!!

I have placed a chest with Yellow Bags at the Lorian Embassy for anyone to use. Grab one, load it up with some lootables and join the battle!

Located just across from the Britain Moongate on the road into town!!

Yellow Bags.png

Hope to see everyone out there having fun!

-Lore

PS: The Crystal and Dungeon Porter as well as the luck statue are for public use!

18. FrejaSP

Hi all, the event is active, I hope all will have fun

19. FrejaSP

If you have a good story about your death or Victory, please post it here

#19 FrejaSP, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Lore Denin (GL) likes this.
  20. Cashew

Cashew Visitor

I've got my yellow bag with some stuff I think is good for what I can loot. I am on foot, so come find me.

21. FrejaSP

I died one so far, did not kill any yet, was fighting Eragon over 3 town before he got me, was a good loooong fight