1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Event] Ready for the next boat race? Aug 5th, 7pm EST

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by hawkeye_pike, Aug 3, 2009.

1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Captain Hawkeye Pike challenges you to race against him on Wednesday, August 5th at 7pm EST! Meeting place is the Counselor's Hall in Britain.

The race will be held on a predetermined route. The participants have to bet at least 300,000 gold pieces on their victory. Higher bets or donations are welcome!! If Hawkeye Pike beats the landlubber, the prize goes into a pot. This way, the pot will accumulate and raise until someone manages to outsail the pirate! If someone beats Hawkeye, he will win the whole pot. The location of the race will be disclosed prior to the race. Participants will receive a map with the course. The location may change with every race.
    Spectators are welcome! May the fastest seafarer win!

The current pot: 2,700,000 gold pieces!

It would be great if one of our EMs would be available as referee!

2. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I will donate 2mil to the pot.

3. Scarst

Scarst Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

At least race first haha, who knows you you might get lucky and have Hawkeyes key board blow up. Here's hoping it doesn't though.

4. hawkeye_pike

Stratics Veteran

Blimey, thanks Flutter!

(It would be great to have this in the Catskills news section. Can anyone add the event?)

5. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I sent a PM to Sara asking her to put it in for you.

6. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

7. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thanks Sara.

8. Daolin

Daolin Guest

I hope I can make it! This sailor must be legendary

9. hawkeye_pike

Stratics Veteran

This time, four seafarers did race against each other. The course lead around the three islands Nujel'm, Moonglow and Ice Island. During the race, all participants had to touch down at the Moonglow Docks one time.

After the starting signal, James set my ship on fire, this scurvy scum! Unfortunately I lacked a crew to blow up his vessel. Har har! In the end, I arrived at Nujel'm Docks first, about 20 seconds before Katherine Elle. James arrived several minutes later, and Edward Delinden got lost and had been killed by a Water Elemental. A total of 5,2 million gold coins remains in the pot for the next contest.

Maybe one or two more races will follow, before I will invite everybody for a big Cup of Britannia, where the prize money will be divided among the top three seafarers.

P.S.: I used the SA Client map to track the other participants, who had been added to my party first. Very useful, I must say! I could see them as little white stars on my map.

Details here!

10. Maximilliean

Maximilliean Guest

Good job Capt'n!! You can add me to the list for the next race. Unfortunately I was unable to make this one do to a crappy internet connection.

11. Scarst

Scarst Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Rotep would have been helping James burn **** but I had to do a different type of race.