1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Event schedules and spoilers. Need help.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Harlequin, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I see different names of the events on different EM sites, are these the Mondain's Legacy and The Bell of Courage events on UOHerald?

Some of the events have already been completed - I think all shards completed the Felucca ones with Factions and Crimson dragons.

I believe some shards have finished the ones in Trammel where you fight the shadowlords.

Does anyone have any spoilers on what happened in the events? Is Casca dead?

Below is what I have gathered for the shards I know of. I'm gonna miss the ones I posted, bummer...Can other folks post the schedule for your shard? I'm gonna see if I can make it for one on another shard. Thanks!

Edit:
    Spoilers here for GL : http://uo.stratics.com/news/GreatLakes.shtml#newsitem1252218075,47471

2. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Atlantic EM Site : http://atlantic.uoem.net/
    Unnamed event
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 at 4 pm EST
    Gates will be available at all of the faction strongholds and the Occlo bank to the battle of the dragons which will take place in Felucca.

The Bell of Courage
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 4 PM EST
    Join Lady Dawn at the Daemon Temple on Fire Island, Trammel as she sets out to vanquish the Shadowlords once and for all.

Baja EM Site: http://goldenbrewtavern.com/
    War Council
    Time: Friday (9:30 PM PST, 10:30PM Mountain, 11:30PM Central, 12:30AM Eastern))
    Use the secret passageway from the Broken Arrow Inn located in Serpent’s Hold

Drakõn WarTime
    Saturday (2:00 PM PST, 3PM Mountain, 4PM Central, 5PM Eastern)
    A choice between chaos and order, good and evil, Shadowlord faction and everyone else.

The End Game
    Time: Sunday (2:00 PM PST, 3PM Mountain, 4PM Central, 5PM Eastern)
    Join Lady Dawn as she leads her allies to the source of Sosaria’s angst!

Catskills EM Site: http://catskills.uoem.net/
    Tooth and Claw
    Event begins at Felucca Empath Abbey in Yew at 9pm EST TODAY – Friday 9/4/09.
    Those who have allied themselves with the forces of good are asked to assemble at the Empath Abbey.
    Those who are allied with evil may wish to check their own strongholds for similar messages and instructions from the crimson dragons. Those who are not in factions but wish to aid the shadowlords and their allies are asked to gather in the field outside Destard Felucca.

Into the Shadows
    Meet at the counselor’s hall in Britain at 9 p.m. EST on Sunday, September 6th. Be prepared for battle!

Chessy I can't find the EM site, can someone help?
    Unknown event
    10:30pm EST. Hall Of Commons Meeting on September the 6th.

Not sure which arc is being run. I got stuck with Chessy and that's why I posted for help. News is a bit lacking on the shard forum.

Drachenfels EM Site: http://drachenfels.uoem.net/ (Courtesy of Frarc)
    Dragon Fight
    Will be on the Felucca Facet
    Saturday, September 5th – 8pm CEST
    Gates to the final destination will be provided near all
    Felucca Moongates and the Councelor’s Hall in Britain, Felucca

Shadowlord Fight
    Will be on the Trammel Facet
    Sunday, September 6th – 8pm CEST
    Gates to the Deamon Temple on Fire Island will be provided
    near all Trammel Moongates and the Councelor’s Hall in Britain, Trammel
    Watch your back and be prepared for the grand fights on this weekend!

Europa EM Site: http://europa.uoem.net/
    Meeting with Dawn
    Saturday, 05 September 2009, 20:00 (Edit, I am guessing CEST)
    Meeting with Dawn in Cove, Felucca. Be ready for a big battle!

Meeting with Melissa Servant of Nosfentor
    Saturday, 05 September 2009, 20:00 (Edit, I am guessing CEST)
    Meeting with Melissa Servant of Nosfentor in the Britannia Prison at Yew, Felucca. Be ready for a bit battle!

Meeting with Dawn
    Sunday, 06 September 2009, 20:00 (Edit, I am guessing CEST)
    Meeting with Dawn at the Counselors Hall in Britain.

Great Lakes EM Site: http://greatlakes.uoem.net/
    Events completed. Report (has spoilers!) here: http://uo.stratics.com/news/GreatLakes.shtml#newsitem1252218075,47471

Lake Austin EM Site: http://lakeaustin.uoem.net/
    Shadowlords Disclosed
    Sunday September 6th, 9pm Central
    (Edit: Location is probably The Daemon temple on Fire Island like the rest, not sure if they intend to open gates there)

Lake Superior EM Site: http://www.emquantum.com/LakeSuperior/
    Final Confrontation
    Dawn is requesting all who follow her, and the path of Order and virtue, to meet an adviser of hers in whom she holds the utmost trust in. You will be able to find him at the Skara Brae Community Center (just east of the bank) on Sunday at 9 PM CST.

From there he will take you to Lady Dawn.

3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Drachenfels: http://drachenfels.uoem.net/

Dragon Fight will be on the Felucca Facet
    Saturday, September 5th – 8pm CEST
    Gates to the final destination will be provided near all
    Felucca Moongates and the Councelor’s Hall in Britain, Felucca
    -
    Shadowlord Fight will be on the Trammel Facet
    Sunday, September 6th – 8pm CEST
    Gates to the Deamon Temple on Fire Island will be provided
    near all Trammel Moongates and the Councelor’s Hall in Britain, Trammel

Watch your back and be prepared for the grand fights on this weekend!

4. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Thanks Frarc!

But it looks like I'm gonna miss that one too... :(

5. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Think it's all the same events. If I'm not mistaken, the folks up at EA come up with the Fiction on the Herald but the individual EM's have to schedule a time to run the events and get the word on on to when that is. I've noticed this in the past, where the same event had multitudes of names.

6. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What about those who work night shifts or have real life things to do at the EM scheduled time ?

One of the good thing about online games is being able to play at one's own best schedule but with this EM set time Events it might become impossible.

Are there going to be alternate times for those who were unable to participate at the originally scheduled times ?

For some players 9 PM might NOT be a good time to attend.....

7. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

I have the same issue. That's why I am trying to find out the event schedules for the other shards. Hopefully, there's 1 I can participate in (even if it means I have to go as a newbie). And hopefully it will help others like me.

I probably won't be able to get the gem even with my main char on my main shard, I just want to participate :D

Can you help me find what time your shard is running the event?

8. popps

popps Always Present

It seems 9 PM but it is a time not good for me.

I hope they have planned for more Events throughout the day so as to accomodate different players' schedules.......

9. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Which shard? Do you have a link to the EM site?

Btw, you might want to patch your client now. 300 mb. You don't want to get caught unawares.

10. popps

popps Always Present

What would be the link to download the new client ?
    Is it for the classic 2D or the enhanced one or for both ?

11. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

I'm referring to the classic client (no separate download, just the normal start UO let it patch). Didn't try the enhanced client.

12. popps

popps Always Present

Well, when I launch UO I do not get this 300 MB download patch.

I just get into the game without any patch dowload process....

Do I need to activate it manually somewhere via a specific link ?

13. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Ah, in that case, you've probably already patched.

14. popps

popps Always Present

Weird, because I do not recall a large patching at login and my connection is rather slow..

15. Theoraln

Theoraln Guest

I would suggest Popps that it will appear after your next local shard maintainance !!!

16. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

When did you log-in last?

17. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Siege:

Friday at 8PM (already past)
    Sunday at 6PM

Meet at Cove Docks

18. Yalp

Yalp Guest

geezus and crackers Popps! You can log into UO and play anytime you damn well please, except of course that 30 minutes for shard maintenance..shall we see a post from you in the near future complaining the shard maintenance time is the only time you can log in and it's unfair to you?

These are SPECIAL events! Single use, 1 TIME only special events. Sometimes they are events which last for a week, a month, or permanently. If your schedule allows.. come on in the water's fine.. if it doesn't, and please forgive me for being blunt... who the heck are you that they need to coordinate the shard-wide event schedule to fit YOUR schedule?

Sometimes, the ball bounces away from you, sometimes it bounces right into your hands, but that's life.. and grown ups learn to live with it.

19. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

No. One time only. If you miss them, too bad.

20. popps

popps Always Present

Me ? Who's talking about me ?

Do you think that among all of the Ultima Online players I may be the ONLY one not being able to attend a 9 PM EM Event ?

I would imagine there is MANY Ultima Online players who "might" have problems attending a 9 PM EM Event.

Perhaps players who are working night shifts at that time, or players who have dinner late with their family, or players who may have other issues going on in their real lives.

Is it that a terrible thing in a 24/7 online multiplayer game to run EM Events which can have VARIOUS time schedules so as to accomodate as many players "as possible" ?

I am NOT saying please ALL players, necessarily, I am saying at least make an effort to accomodate "as many as possible".......
    How ? Having the EM Events be run not merely once or always at the same time but multiple times at DIFFERENT times so as to try help "as many players as possible" who might be willing to attend them....

Is that such a horrible thing to do towards paying customers ??

21. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

When its supposed to be a lore-based one time standoff against 3 beings of ultimate evil who don't have multiple copies of themselves on any one shard that drop 3 items that there are to be no multiples of aside from each shard getting them?

Yes.

UO events are generally more finite than other games.. we've had to deal with that for 12 years so far (aside from maybe a dozen events that got repeats); I wouldn't expect it to change any time soon, and nor would I ask them to change it.

22. Spelosty

Spelosty Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Wow, I'm sick of hearing the "why not hold it at separate times" thing. Think a little if someone's got the day off from work or school or something then they can easily go to more than one event making it unfair for those who can only attend one.

23. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

The dragon and shadow lord events are not "EM Events". They were set up by the EA developers (so its a global "EA Event"). The EMs are merely conducting the events. They did not set them up. If you have missed "EM Events" in the past, contact your EM and see if they can hold events at other times as well. Remember, the battles between the dragons and shadowlords are not EM Events.

If these FINAL battles were held more than once, they would not be that final.

I missed the dragon fight last night on my shard. I have missed events (both EM and EA). It does not bother me one bit.

Stayin Alive,

BG

24. Yalp

Yalp Guest

So this event isn't to your liking.. ok.. what were the times for the last 5 EM events? Where they all 9pm shard time on the same day of the week?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Not sure if you play Baja but the last 5 events were held at various times/days and venues (Fel/Tram/Malas/Tokuno)...sorry your schedule doesn't accomodate this one.. but really.. quit yer bitchin!

25. Merik

Merik Guest

http://chessy-events.com/
    (Not updated since June)

Only information I was given was its on Sunday September 6th.

Time? No Clue
    Where to meet? No Clue
    What to do? No Clue

26. Merik

Merik Guest

Chesapeake

[​IMG]

27. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Sonoma's final SL battle will be today at 3pm central time. of course i had to get the info from guildmates since the em site is almost useless.