1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Event starting slowly do to Massive Lag ---Over 500 people on one screen!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

topic says it all, we just waiting )

2. Guest

Guest Guest

9:12 here and only thing that's happened so far is Drac showing up for a second or two (on LS).

3. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Draconi showed on Atlantic for a few minutes saying we all needed to move back to start the event because there are too many of us in one area. This is causing the event not to use the correct amount of the server to get going??? Strange

4. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Three hours and counting for Origin...Maharia is ready MUAHAHAH

[​IMG]

*laughs*

Good luck to all those having the event now....chose wisely *grins*

5. Guest

Guest Guest

he asked people to back up and said UO has never had 500 people within one screen of another.

However, about 20 people backed up and the rest sit there spamming, holy light or whatever else they can do to produce lag

6. <blockquote><hr>

he asked people to back up and said UO has never had 500 people within one screen of another.

However, about 20 people backed up and the rest sit there spamming, holy light or whatever else they can do to produce lag

[/ QUOTE ]

there were stress tests of UO server emulators that had more than that

7. Guest

Guest Guest

9:20 and still nothing.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm only quoting
    Draconi about how many in the area, and that its never been that many. So tell him he's wrong.

9. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

they had more then that on TEST center yes....but on a prodo shard? No....so they might be experiancing some server stress.....or.....they might just like keeping you in suspense *grins*

10. we are killing in siege

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Gah I hate dialup! No way can I fight in that lag. [​IMG]

12. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

[​IMG]

Wonder if that's what's causin the lag? [​IMG]

13. JoyousGard

JoyousGard Guest

Well something happened. I crashed and can't login now. INSTA CRASH.

Was that the storyline?

I am really upset... not all emo, but let down. Big F from me on the report cards.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

lol I couldn't move on Atlantic so I logged on my mage at Chessy. Lag isn't as bad, but it's still hard on my slow connection. Since Origin probably doesn't have 500 players maybe I'll get lucky. [​IMG]

15. It's funny.... HOW BAD THE SERVER they have is... ROFL it can't handle 500 people without stifling everyone running more than a few tiles per minute rofl.

16. Magnus

Magnus Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well, I've given up for the evening. There is a massive amount of people, so many that I cannot tell friend from foe and it just isn't worth the pain. However I did get a couple of screenshots. It seems that KR (or at least mine) did not get the whole white flash thing that happened. Videos or screenshots of the event would be really nice, thanks. [​IMG]

Large screenies, KR glory! [​IMG] (Note that I turned off idle animations so the dragons have HUGE OUT WINGS OF DOOM!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Spoilers---

Definitely do not miss the time to be there because once it goes in you really are trapped...nobody could bank and when i took a character from Luna to moonglow it definitely wasnt the same location i was at on my other account.

Got 2 Planeshields so far though

18. JoyousGard

JoyousGard Guest

hilarious!! har har. i am going to be a Stratics warrior tonight. Maybe at 4 AM i can log again in to figure out how I can get out of there.

500 people, uh oh. That's the kind of stuff that WOW has never had to deal with. A whole 500.

19. I've gotten nothing because it takes me 3 seconds to cast heal (not greater heal) with 2/6 casting and the lag. My mage is basically useless.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

I got a "planesword" ....looks pretty plain [​IMG]

21. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

I've managed to take down a few things... very hard with the lag. The best thing I've gotten is a dark wisp paragon chest...

I want a planesomething! Who's dropping those?

22. Guest

Guest Guest

i got the sword off the winged warrior things, but not sure where my bud got his shield

23. Guest

Guest Guest

why is all the loot shared? ever corpse i open other people are moving stuff

24. J0KING

J0KING Guest

Hard to play a mage... usually can get about one spell... maybe two off before the essense dies...

Only managed one shield so far...

25. Lunaticus

Lunaticus Guest

I got a planeshield. . . hmmm. . .

26. Hawthorne

Hawthorne Guest

Anything special about the shields? What are the stats?

27. eolsunder1

eolsunder1 Guest

Yea the etheral warriors carry planeswords and planeshields, kinda basic, but are spellchanneling weapons.

the wisps sometimes carry like thread of life or something.

28. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

Yep, I've gotten a planesword and a thread of life so far...

Lag is loosening up a bit... maybe folks are tiring out?

29. Hoody

Hoody Guest

Anyone post the stats on the sword/shield?

30. Lag is better. Now if we could only get the spawn out of the houses

31. Guest

Guest Guest

Only 500? I've seen more.

32. Guest

Guest Guest

sword : hit lightning 10% 50 engergy 50 physical spell chanelling

shield spell channeling 10 energy resist

33. Guest

Guest Guest

Alas, I was pretty much helpless from lag (well, and the fact that I was going in with a treasure hunter) - I'd die before even seeing what was attacking me. I couldn't reliably cast heals or reses, so I tried to be useful by staying close to the healer and spam area peace and EVs to try to keep it as safe as possible. But eventually I was overwhelmed enough times that I had to call it a night (plus I had a bad scare on my blessed gear ... I forgot that it didn't auto-equip on looting one's corpse and for some reason it spawned at the bottom of my inventory where I didn't see it).

It looked fun though [​IMG]

34. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Thats odd......how can there be more then 500 people on screen? I heard "rumors" there only 10 people playing on each shard! [​IMG]

35. Repowski

Repowski Guest

The biggest problem I see right now is that the creatures are spawning inside buildings that we cannot get into... and I feel like maybe its slowing down the spawn rate... since so many of them are still alive... trapped...

Kinda buggy.

36. Repowski

Repowski Guest

Just saw a guy on LS who got a "Cloak of Corruption"

If I could find a way to host my image... I'll show you...

37. Repowski

Repowski Guest

[​IMG]

Said he got it off the ShadowLord when it first showed up during the event. It appears to be draining his life and mana while he's wearing it.

38. That's cool. I've seen a total of 3 ShadowLords spawn on LS so far.