1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Event Status

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Soap Bubble, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Soap Bubble

Soap Bubble Visitor

Does anyone know when the towns being taking over will end?
    Gwendar refuses to come back too UO till its over and I can find no info on this subject.
    Thank You.

Oh wanted to mention. A character I met named Lil Ceaser was at Skara Brea and fighting things when he decide to go do a map with me. 15 minutes into the map and he had a sword with very nice mods on it pop into his backpack. Is this normal?

2. archite666

archite666 Guest

As I understand its indefinite, that really sucks she wont come back, still one of my favorite people on this shard, though she probably doest like me too much.

Can I ask why she doest like it?

3. Soap Bubble

Soap Bubble Visitor

She has said that she will not play in a game that she is not safe in.
    She said she makes mistakes and fears she will gate to the wrong town and die for it.
    Now she is playing EVE online and will stay there till the invasion is over.
    Gwendar also says she will soon be canceling all 13 of her accounts if this action does not stop. I have begged her to return but she refuses.

4. -Whiskey-

-Whiskey- Guest

the invasions arent in every town. let her know this

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've not died to invasion spawn once. I use Zento and sometimes Jhelom. Luna or Umbra if someone asks me to meet them there. I've had the hatred, coward and falsehood npcs around the shop but they've not really caused me a problem.

Only time I came close was when someone gated me to Moonglow town and I arrived next to an abysmal horror, but I just ran for it.

The only people I read of whose crafter char's have died have logged in in the town's inn and couldn't get out in time.

6. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

For my own sanity i have to refuse to believe anyone could ever really think like that over a game, i'm not too proud to admit that people thinking like this scares the **** out of me.

7. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Isn't this Siege?? Get over it. No one else is having a problem playing. I'm sorry it's disrupted her routine, apparently the game can't evolve or have an event that might affect her. Go ahead and cancel those 13 accounts.

8. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Casca mentioned stopping the invasions in his little speach. But who knows how long, or what will happen after that. But id love for the next invasion to start up, but cant kill the crimmy by myself. So someone get out there and slay them. Vesper mage shop, and by trinny north bank is where I saw 2 today

9. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I know a 3 man team that tried and failed a crimmy as well...

We need to beat those things down as a shard...

10. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

if he was fighting the invasion then he must of done some hits on a general or captain (probably general) and someone else killed it so he got an item poped into his backpack from that general. I just never new that you could be on a different server line and it happen.

Lorddog

11. Soap Bubble

Soap Bubble Visitor

We were on a island on the same server bounderys. Thank you for the information

12. Soap Bubble

Soap Bubble Visitor

Gwendar is a very gentel person. She is over 70 and very set in her routen. She has got her BoDs and such at Skara Brea for so long that she refuses to break from her accustomed fashion. I am sorry people like her scare you so much, she would be happily surprized at your reaction.

13. Soap Bubble

Soap Bubble Visitor

Many people would be upset at your cowardly and impolite words. Let us hope that this is not so.

14. Petra Fyde

Seriously, Gwendar really doesn't need to stay away because of the event. Her house isn't in a bad spot, I ran there from Minoc gate yesterday.

Does she realise that the actual spawn is only in the town? Shop to Minoc gate to Zento isn't too much further than shop to Vesper bank.

I really feel she's over-estimating the problem.

15. Soap Bubble

Soap Bubble Visitor

To know Gwendar is to know this. She cannot be changed. Those that know her know she is set in her ways.

I welcome ANYONE to ICQ her and to change her mindset.

16. archite666

archite666 Guest

Curse you james, dont say things like that.

Gwendar is like the grandma of siege, always has been. I feel really bad that she is that upset by this event.

Ask her if she will come if I serve as her personal body guard.

Seriously, I realllllllly wish she would come back, there arnt too many like her. She is one of the best, and we dont need people leaving.

Ah to be in vent with her again, I know I left her alliance on extremly bad terms but man oh man she used to tell the best stories and once in a blue moon you heard her cuss or get mad, you were like "OHHH CRAP!"

17. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I don't care if she's the great grandma of Siege Cash.

The game changes and evolves. As I said before, I'm sorry she's upset by the disruption in her routine, but this is how the game is.

And Soap Bubble, I've had you on ignore since the beginning of the thread, so if you have anything to say, I'm not hearing it.

18. Color me confused. :-\

When I posted here last week trying to find any information about town invasions, I was informed that there aren't any. Now, I keep hearing that there are? And...my beloved Vesper may/may not be occupied?

Is there any definitive post or source that fully describes the current situation? After a prolonged absence, I still seem to be entirely in the dark. (I totally missed the beginning of whatever-it-is, as I was away)

19. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable

Tell Gwendar we miss her and need her back. Tell her she can mark a rune by the skara moongate and walk into town that way. She will see very quickly if it's invaded or not. The last time I was there, I only saw red NPCs. The red [hatred] NPCs wont bother her. As far as Vesper goes, the last time I was there, I saw a crimmy dragon hanging around. It almost ate me for breakfast.

20. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think the mouse statue tells you about invasions.

21. Erm...what mouse statue? :)

22. ChumBucket

ChumBucket Guest

The invasion EVENT is still on. However, the status of any individual town invasion is dependent upon the corruption of a town's Faction Sigil. So, a town that is not invaded today, could very well be invaded tomorrow. I hope this clarifies things just a tad... prolly clear as mud, eh?

23. Black magick

Black magick Guest

I agree with him... its a game, if thats how she feels she should quit.

24. Petra Fyde

Sherry the mouse statue was available for spring cleaning points. It functions as a 'town crier' so saying 'news' to it will tell you which towns are invaded. Saying it to a town crier in any unaffected town will do the same thing of course.
    The event really isn't hard to avoid.

25. Having said that...I will ask again: Is there anywhere to read up on said event? Surely there was an announcement or post(s) or something at the beginning, that described the basic framework and supposed story arc? :)

Maybe just a brief synopsis? Like, I know that it involves factions in some manner, and...dragons and such?

Meh...never mind. Since I don't do dragons or factions or mouses, I guess that I can safely ignore it. :)

26. Petra Fyde

Sorry Dor :(
    Basically the event is 'The War of Shadows' It's player driven in that if Minax or Shadowlords steal the sigils of a town, that town comes under attack by monsters. The townspeople turn into either hatred (they'll attack) cowardice (they run away) or Falsehood (they steal from you! Stay clear of them or kill them to get your stuff back). Invading forces include specific monsters depending on the town and an npc army. The captains and generals drop some quite nice weapons and spell books.
    The invasion ends when the forces are driven back, at which point a crimson dragon spawns, or when True Brittanians or Council of Mages steal the sigil back. ( I think that's right, but hope someone will correct any mistakes)
    http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=454

I've lost a couple of things to falsehood wandering healers at Glow gate, I can't kill them to get stuff back, luckily nothing that mattered.

27. *hugs*

Thanks, Petra! :-D

28. Aight. I have got to say that crimson dragons make for extremely disagreeable next-door neighbors. :p

29. Petra Fyde

ah. No, when you see the words 'a crimson dragon' on screen you head smartly in the opposite direction without ever hanging around to see the being that the words refer to :D.

30. Hehe...he saw me first, damn it.

That sucker smarts! :stretcher:

31. Sean

Sean Slightly Crazed

Dor, Check UOGuide.com. It has a write-up on the whole history of this event.
    Just an FYI

32. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Can I have her stuff?...la

33. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

meh... I just ask my mouse since it all changes so often as it is.

But for the most part until it is over with one could simply just avoid *faction towns* and do your banking and so forth in any non faction town..since it can change so rapidly from nothing happening to all hell breakin loose monsterwise in this dragging out.. storyline.

So this mild mannered crafter only just banks elsewhere...not that that does not stop me from being killed by other players but...them I am used to.. lol but sometimes even I grow weary of this or that (invasion)......rather be pkd by another player it ends quickly... than fried by *insert new alien pixel art storyline creatures sponaneously appearing here or there or..wherever faction towns here that drag on in game, from post halloween to the present* ! LOL

34. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I have not even seen any of these land anywhere near my brit homes but just had a falsedhood land with all the gypsies and wandering healers just now...first time I seen a falsehood at all since I been mostly ignoring this storyline, let alone land in my yard. :)

35. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Soo since I have NOT been even paying attention to this storyline at all...what does it take to kill a *falsehood* npc cuz now these ladies are starting to ANNOY me out there in my yard...it is enough with all the cows goats regular wandering healers gypsies and shepards now these too in my yard...they not blue nor red........they foggy hued. They making too much noise out there walkin about out there in me yard they need to DIE or something just to get out of here ! LOL