1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Everyone Quit?????

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Monolith, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Wow....I finally log on and find Siege completely dead. Did everyone quit or just taking a break during the holidays?

Oh well......best wishes to everyone during the holidays.

2. burdensrise

burdensrise Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Siege is still alive just slow during the holidays and people taking breaks for the holidays.

3. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Its still alive... barely.

4. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I've been used to more ppl logging on during the holidays in the past. More ppl taking off from work and school.

I guess things has changed.

5. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Did you read about the publish.....

SPAWNS BABY SPAWNS!!!! Sell me transcendence scrolls!!!

6. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Everyone on Siege pretty much has hide/stealth now...

7. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

No.....I haven't ready about the spawns. I guess I have some catching up to do.

8. Goron

Goron Guest

you should try playing the game and not just hanging out in Brook's house surrounded by k0c... once you actually see other people, you'll notice its just k0c that runs so many stealthers... Try it, the shard is pretty fun once you get 3 steps from Brook's house- or, for that matter, log in.

9. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

So.....I'm guessing the stealth temps are the most popular templates now?

How about mage temps? Are they still competitive?

10. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Cant say about effectivness of temps ive been training on siege for a week now. but i will say that there is soon to be an influx of us prod shard "bluebies" for you all to mess with! (btw we arent very good pvpers)

11. yep, Mages are still competitive...welcome back Mono

12. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Nice to see more ppl from Prodo shard coming over. Welcome to Siege. I'll be conducting some training myself. A lot has changed since I last played. Plus I'm very rusty with my macros.

13. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Thxs Ben.......I would rather play a mage again. I just hate competing with other mages and dexxers that are faster than I. I'll be testing things out and seeing whos faster and whos not. Hopefully I don't die to fast to all the elite PVPers.

14. KinG DaviD

KinG DaviD Guest

i usually play from 9pm to 12 am or so....central time...

15. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

Ohh my god goron you gotta be kiddin its not just KOC that runs stealthers it TNT just as much if not more TNT is 3/4 stealthers

16. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks Sprago...

17. -Whiskey-

-Whiskey- Guest

Mono,. Superdragons,.faction arties,. Dread Warhorses,.Spawn Drops,.

18. Goron

Goron Guest

oh, no doubt- TnT has a lot of stealthers I won't disagree that there are more stealth characters in TnT than k0c. It would be silly to claim otherwise.

My point is that we don't really need to run our stealth characters anymore since k0c doesn't leave Brook's house much anymore and rarely come out of hiding... We have no need to hide when there is no serious threat.

The three of the last four fights I was in that were against k0c were all outside Brook's house and after one or two k0c dropped (coincidentally non-stealthers) the rest *poofed* into thin air and were not to be seen again until they were back in Brook's. I'll also note I have not seen Black Rain at any of those fights...

19. Goron

Goron Guest

u guys recruiting?:)

20. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Didn't KoC raid you guys after you raided us last night at Damwin??

Good fun there by the way. Thanks for looting just my armor and jewels and leaving bolts and bandies so I could rejoin the fight. I had kinda hoped for a big battle when KoC arrived but sadly the Baracoon died shortly after and you guys left through the star gate

21. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

whast the deal with dread warhorses? why are they so bad a?

22. Goron

Goron Guest

we killed baracoon, then k0c showed up. 1 of us were in stat and another was on two computers, that left 2 of us to fight. So while our statted guy and 2boxer got out, I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off keeping k0c busy. When i got dismounted by a GIL with k0c hot on my heels I decided it was time to go and zipped out through the star room- I think I was the last to leave.

and no... we didn't get 6 120 magery scrolls...

23. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Your just now noticing this, It has been this way for years. He just posts here like hes active and acts like a clown and expects people to give him respect.

And no I dont expect any respect from anyone I dont give the same too. And yes he does.:scholar:

24. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

LOL i just logged on for the first time in 2 weeks this is how it went.

I ran to TNT house, saw Righty and Erevos inside.

Then i am running to bank, i see Kage, "YAY in my head im thinking PVP lets do this ****" and the very second i CAST explosion, i get dismounted and another dexxer pops out of stealth mounted and is attacking me. Now I am running from a nightmare or something dismounted, my remount macro is NOT working, my rearm macro is NOT working, AND my spell macros are NOT working.

I had to physically click my heal and greater heal macros and click on myself with 2 people chasing me. I am ALMOST to a house i am still accessed too when i see Forsakey, Brook, and 2 other KOC names pop on my screen, thankfully i duck inside and escape with my loot from the horrible skillless KOC gank

So hilarious how it goes from seeing 1 koc, to seeing 5 KOC in less than 20 seconds from being on for the first time in 2 weeks.

later guys ill be back in another 2 weeks.

25. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

You start PvPing again and you think you're an expert to when and how I play?

Seriously?

What happened to all the crying about how KOC owns your face. We can start that up again if you like... oh but you got a big ****ing mouth the second you *perceive* things are going in your guilds favor?

You take a month off after pancakes about how ppl like speedy and KOC in general for that matter constantly beat your ****ing face in because that's not letting you "get better."

and now after maybe a week or two of PvPing you think you can come here and talk smack?

aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

you're nothing but trash with a big mouth chewing on your foot.

get the **** out of here

26. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Legit.

27. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

More lies from Goodguy ftl :( Srsly you for one thing never attacked and you never will unless you have help... I came out of luna gate and attacked Righty... Erevos started taking shots at me then I killed him called in some help at this point you started attacking me with Righty....

You got problems kid...

Ps. I also still find it funny how TNT still holds hands with it's ex members :) Sprago, Goodguy...

28. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Lies? You guys are the only ones who have EVER needed to spout lies on stratics. Its sad how this forum game is more of a game to you guys than UO is now.

29. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

DING DING DING, Black Rain wins the "obviously pissed off for life because he sucks at UO" award!

30. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

31. Mr X

Mr X Guest

The last time I saw you in game rain was when I was hopping a script lumberjacks box of wood to the occlo bank. That was two months ago. Seriously, if you are going to smack talk on the boards at least have the common courtesy to log on once in a while.

32. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I've seen you in game on Siege maybe 5 times in the last 5 years Mr. X...

That means you should log in more often than just 5 times in 5 years...

because that totally makes sense.

33. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Or maybe that you only logged in 5 times in 5 years, I know Ive personally seen him more in a week on the field than I have you my whole time playing here. Stick to your tower in your player run town that was so succesful.

Its not just me who thinks this BR, so maybe its you? Logging on stratics and posting about playing 2 months ago doesnt count as playing... :scholar:

34. Azural Kane

Azural Kane Guest

BR... Speedy quit Siege, AFAIK.

Unfortunately Siege won't ever have an increased population or more rewarding PVP until EA fixes a mass amount of mistakes.

PVP without Ninjitsu, Superdragons, and Luna is nice. PVP against more than a max of 15 or 20 enemies is refreshing, too.

It's a shame people have convinced themselves running around a giant, empty, completely flat green field and running from endless overpowered dragons and unbalanced steath ganks is somehow "fun".

And to top it off people are paying for it, on Siege especially, multiple times over per month since most use more than one account, because they're basically forced to.

EA at this point is too worried about "releasing" another new client to care at all about the state of PVP in their UO. They won't care unless people actually realize what a mess it all is and complain relentlessly to have it fixed... (and preferably faster than 1 change every year.)

It's just sad the state of PVP has become on *any* EA shard now. This isn't a troll, I just know a know a lot of people here that really enjoy UO PVP, and even remember a day when it could be considered actually truly great, who choose to settle for less than the best and speak out to have their shard fixed.

35. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

This is the reason we have a word called irony.

36. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

I haven't quit...I said I would try and stick around till they turned the lights off..

37. Goron

Goron Guest

couldn't have said it better...

38. Mr X

Mr X Guest

Another post talking about how stealthers suck blah blah blah. Seriously stop hating on other people's templates just because YOU do not like it. I mean hey azural why don't you tell me what template I am allowed to play? Let me guess, inscribe mage, necro mage, or some other type of mage? The same people like you since day one wanted to be a naked mage and kill anyone with a wep because you obviously had to have more skill to play a mage. GET OVER IT!

How about all you mages with -20 scnp mage weps take up detect hidden with your FREE 120 SKILL POINTS? wah wah wah I only get 120 free skillpoints, how am I ever going to compete with guys that need to use at least 250+ points to play and effective stealther, wah wah wah!

Lets face it, all templates need some sort of skill to be run well. Apparently you lack said skill because only somebody who can't hack it would complain about another character's template. Hey if you can't beat them brow beat them into changing to a template you can beat eh?

39. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

They try there ganks on me too. Kinda funny they even gotta attack a known solo char. with a stealth dismount followed by an all kill when i was fightin a 1v1. gotta love it bleh...

40. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Ok so your saying if I take 100.0 detect hidden and Im an elf, I actually have the chance of revealing someone without them rehiding?

Do you know the chances of actually tracking/revealing an elf as an elf? Its prolly more around the 8% of the time, test it out if you think Im lying.

Siege needs passive detect and you wont have these horrible hidden/nonshowing templates.

41. Mr X

Mr X Guest

Another nonhacker (and I use that term in jest) who is not fit to play my beloved game!

I recall you dieing a lot on your stealther when you tried to mimic me.

I guess it takes a little more skill than you thought...

42. Mr X

Mr X Guest

I only attacked because you were running with cali and kael that time. And you died mounted, no dismount, no gank, I thought it was a pretty even fight.

43. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Fail on making a point. Can't answer puffy, so you attack him eh?

44. Mr X

Mr X Guest

I am an elf with 100 hide and 120 stealth and I get revealed all the time. I am not saying puffy is wrong or right, I have not tested it and not about too.

He brought up the notion that siege needs passive detect cause stealthers are all too powerful, and I brought up the fact he died a ton when he tried to copy my template.

45. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

SO you've never started stealthing instantly after you've hid...?

Your template is easy as hell to play. Easy as hell to kill with and shouldn't be allowed to do some of the things it does (such as stealthing instantly after hiding)

You make no sense. Puffy sucked at this game... not sure what that has to do with your template needing a nerf.

Oh that's right... you don't know how to make sense.

46. Amanda Shade

Amanda Shade Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Mono, as is evident from this thread, some things have not changed :(

47. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

This is where I call foul. the only time I fought with Sprago you guys dismlunted and pet kill him. We were way over by south gate awat from Kael Fighting you guys two vs two, When all the sudden this huge horde of stealthers and a tamer runs up and dismount ganks him. So if you think six vs two is an even fight good luck to you sir in school it'll be a rough ride.

48. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Of course I've died to you and many other assasins, and mimic you? I never knew that playing a template (like you say alot) is mimicing anyone, I pay the same 12.99 a month and should be able to play any template I want. <- thats how you feel...

YET when someone else decides to do that they are just a copy cat... Man wheres the logic in that? And what is your point excatly? It would be like me saying when I played a 4/6 chiv dexxer you wouldnt even attack me, ALL you did was run. And I dont recall EVER dieing to you on that template vs your assasin template. Main reason I quit playing the assasin template was that it got so boring sitting there waiting for someone to get low to be able to do anything.

Lord knows you cant stand toe to toe or you wouldnt be an assasin. Kodos for playing that template but dont make yourself sound like a hypocrite while doing it.

Thanks again. :gun:

And as you stated you have not tested it out, So please think before you speak about something you know nothing aobut next time. Just save yourself the embarressment.

A promt reply would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks, Your Idle Lord Puffy. ;)

49. Mr X

Mr X Guest

Look, you obviously are having trouble with comprehension. Puffy was talking about revealing and then you come it out of left field talking about stealthing after hiding?

I honestly don't understand why I am responding to two people who do not play the game. You both might have active accounts but neither of you play the game.

I remember being a stealther when all mages had to do was cast reveal to reveal anybody stealth or no stealth. I am sure all mages agree that was totally fair. But this all comes back to my original point about people who cannot hack it so they cry on forums about how OTHER PEOPLE should change their templates because YOU cannot hack it.

Its not the template it is the player. Maybe you suck so bad whatever template you fight is going to kill you? Maybe you should take up being a crafter or a thief? Though being a good thief does take some skill too....

Oh ya and puffy....what? I really want to respond, but it almost seems like you are responding to somebody else? Really I am at a loss.

50. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Yes.....I guess things will never change.

Back to my question? Where is everyone. I've logged on in the last 2 days and haven't seen but few ppl. Has everyone reduced the amount of game time? or just playing at late hours?