1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Evil Mage Cloth

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Jaxtron, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Jaxtron

Jaxtron Guest

I have been back for a few months and have yet to find out the going rate for mage cloth. It was our guild color so I spend hours farming the darkest cloth until they changed it so the color no longer spawned.

Does anyone have an idea of the going rate, if it is even worth anything? I have about 400 pieces left and several clothing pieces already crafted, some of which are exceptionalx2. Still looks sharp so I guess they haven't change the actual look.

Any ideas? Thanks

2. Halister Marner

Halister Marner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

There was a bug that allowed you to produce it awhile ago using a new quest item called the Thrashers Tail.

However I don't think many used the bug to get the cloth, I personally have about 200 left, and I've yet to find anyone who has any for sale in the past year, its very tough to find.

Due to its rarity, I'm not really sure there is a set going rate, I usually paid about 75K per yard when I found the odd seller off shard.

3. UCCDog

UCCDog Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have to say I knew of these bug and sadly used it just to get mass amounts of the cloth. I have around 75 Bolts which would be 3750 yards

4. Halister Marner

Stratics Veteran

The shadow colored cloth?

If so, willing to sell some? [​IMG]

5. UCCDog

UCCDog Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Are you willing to still pay 75 [​IMG] just give me a Q

6. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

I still have 47 spools of thread that color lol....I saved it...I'm kinda ******** that way [​IMG] And since I can use 4 spools of regular thread and the last one Thrasher thread to get a thrasher color bolt...that's a HECK of a lotta bolts of shadow cloth...so if anyone on Origin needs some let me know! I would just like to keep 2 for deco *grins*

7. UCCDog

UCCDog Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yea I loved that part too :p

I had a lot more than i do now around 170 bolts but someone stole about 50 from me

8. UCCDog

UCCDog Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

here ya go in cloth and bolts

[​IMG]

9. Halister Marner

Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

Edit: Whoops, looks like I got beat to it.

10. Techthys

Techthys Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

Does anyone have an idea of the going rate, if it is even worth anything? I have about 400 pieces left and several clothing pieces already crafted, some of which are exceptionalx2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't help you with prices, although lots of people here already have (hurray!), but let me point out that your double exceptional shadow pieces are in a completely different, much more expensive class from other modern exceptional or non-exceptional pieces. If your items say "A Whatever of Exceptional Quality" or "A Whatever [Exceptional]" or "A Whatever Made By Whoever", then we know those items existed before Age of Shadows was released, and thus existed before the Thrasher Tail cloth bug. Many collectors would value that very highly, so don't SELL your items like that too cheaply, in case someone offers! [​IMG]