1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

evil omen question

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by frostbolt, Apr 3, 2009.

1. frostbolt

frostbolt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

how is evil omen affected by spirit speak

i was testing evil omen with someone and it seems like my evil omen (0 spirit speak) is unable to or doesnt last long enough to get my second poison spell up by 1 level, in other words it does nothing

yet the other guys evil omen with 100 spirit speak gives me the full effects of the evil omen spell

i was wondering if theres a formula for evil omens effects cause there isnt one on stratics

2. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The affect of Omen is standard across the board, lowers resist by 50%, increases the level of poison casted by 1, or gives a 25% dmg bonus to next harmful event. Spirit speak doesn't impact these effects.

Spirit speak influences the length of Evil Omen.

at 0 spirit speak, it wont last longer than a fraction of a second. At GM it will last a little while. At 40 it lasts a few seconds.

3. frostbolt

frostbolt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

oh so how much spirit speak should i have to have a decent amount of time to get a poison field spell off? after casting omen

4. Malkes

Malkes Guest

If Evil Omen provides a debuff icon, you can always cast it on yourself at various levels of Spirit Speak, to see the duration of it. Compare that to how long it takes you to cast and target a poison field.