1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Evneing Patch

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GalenKnighthawke, Jun 15, 2011.

1. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I logged on a couple of hours ago, there was no patch.

I re-launched the client about a minute ago, and there was a patch.

Anyone know what's in it?

-Galen's player

2. "patchy" stuffs ... i assume ... :lol:

yep! :thumbsup:

Publish 70.0.5 World Wide Release - 06/15

3. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Now I am 2 patches behind and still can't patch or get into the game. I was hoping this patch was to fix the broken patch, but I guess not.

4. Anfalas

Anfalas Guest

same here

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Try going into your EA file and delete anything in the "patch" folder.

Also if you run vista or Win 7 you need to run as Admin.

Hope that helps.

6. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

yea I tried that and it still didn't work, so I uninstalled UO and I am re installing it now..... Now I am only 13,593 patches behind :sad3:

7. aulbrey

aulbrey Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

i could be wrong but i didnt notice it before.. it makes a sound effect when you tinker now where as before i never heard anything while tinkering

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I'm going to have to check that out.... there never was a sound for tinkering before....

Ok... I just checked and yes ..... there is a sound now.... WTF would possess them to give tinkering a sound after all these years???? Did they give Cooking one too now?

9. groan gripe complain ... late for dinner AGAIN! :lol:

humph! coulda sworn there WAS one ... that and alchemy drove me to "Sound = OFF" longggggg ago (smithy could just move away)

*shudders* ... candelabras ... walking candelabras ... slinging scales and spyglasses ... potion kegs ... :sad3:

........... musta been the snipping of scissors then .... *click* *click*:sad3:

10. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

BTW, suggestion to persons who routinely have trouble patching....

It's not like UO is spectacularly huge, and HD space is cheap these days.

1. After you successfully patch up, copy your entire UO client folder into a backup directory.
    2. Repeat this after every successful patch.
    3. When you have a failed patch session that can't be gotten past (As opposed to one that can be successfully resumed), check the patch log.
    a. if you see where the patcher can't find a file, copy it over from your backup, clear your patch folder, and try again.
    b. if you can't tell why it failed, copy the entire backup folder over to the original, empty the patch folder, and try again.

Either is a heck of a lot quicker than a reinstall.

One of the common catastrophic patch failure causes is that, instead of simply overwriting a file, the patcher seems to write the new file, then delete the old one. Sometimes the new file isn't written, but the old one is deleted. As a result, the patcher chokes, as it requires the old folder to be there, and to match the data (checksum? other version indicator??) of the version from the previous patch. Without the missing file, the patcher can't continue.

Devs, would it be so hard to come up with a modern patcher that, if it detects that a file is completely missing, it just replaces it, instead of going into catastrophic fail?