1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Exclusive Names?

Discussion in 'GW2 General Discussions' started by BellaofCats, Jan 18, 2012.

1. BellaofCats

BellaofCats Guest

I was wondering how this currently works in GW. Are character names exclusive to that character?

Thanks,

Bella

2. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes. Nobody else can have your name once you get it. So if I picked a name John Doe as an example. No other player could use that name . It's already taken.

So if you have a special name you would like to have then don't tell anybody. lol I have one I use in Guild Wars, DaoC, Warhammer Online, and Rift. I plan to use it in GW2 or at least I am hoping lol.

3. BellaofCats

BellaofCats Guest

That's good to hear and helps me plan ahead. I have a few ideas on names but nothing concrete just yet. If the video you posted in this thread: http://vboards.stratics.com/gw2-general-discussions/259221-guild-wars-2-closed-betas-leak.html has any truth to it, I want to be ready with a name for each of my three starting characters - yes, I'm up to three now ;) - as well as an idea on their storylines, race, professions ect. Knowing names will be exclusive just may keep me home *sick* on the day GW2 is released just so I can be assured to have a chance at getting my character's name. :devil:

Told you I'm a fanatic!

Bella

4. Bella

Bella Guest

What about last names? Are those something we can choose later after we get a feel for our character or, if we want one, do we need to come up with it upon character creation? Also, can we choose to have a first name only?

Thanks!

Bella

5. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

All my characters have a first and last name. I copied off the GW1 wiki how ArenaNEt has already set up. We think the same will be for GW2.