1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Exodus CLockwork Broken?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Demon Wind, Feb 23, 2013.

?

How many think this was caused by the newest patch?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

66.7%
  1. Demon Wind

Demon Wind Sage
    Stratics Veteran

LEGENDS SHARD

We went in to do the exodus clockwork this afternoon all excited and a tib bit scared cause it was just two of us. Well I went to find the big fellow and prompty cliented where he spawns. Having been forcibly logged out I attempted to log back in and as I clicked my character name at the log on page I was informed by my computer that a problem had cause the program to close. After several attempts and having timed out I decided to try going back in.

I got in saw that I had somehow died (mumbles) took two steps and was forcibly shut down again. After a few mutterings and angry words for bugs and the like I logged in once more and was graciously offered the option to choose a city to visit upon my exit. Well I choose one and was let out of my prison with out the statisfaction of finishing my task for the day and all I could think of was having to get those keys once more.

I am posting this for three reasons:

1. Is Clockwork Exodus Broken?
    2. Be Warned those who choose to Visit this Place in the near future you might end up in the vicious circle of logging in and out.
    3. Was this problem caused by the Patch?

Please let us know when and if this will be fixed I ask any of those who have the power to fix this.

#1 Demon Wind, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  2. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

For me it isn't just the Exodus, every hour to hour and a half I get dropped. Icq, Usually Vent,IE, whatever is open at the time usually stays connected, I just freeze, get kicked out of UO, the have to completely shut down cause when I try to get back in I get this synchronization between server and client message. Been happening for a while now...

3. Demon Wind

Demon Wind Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Another group went in and had the same thing happen to them as did to us. We did Clockwork yesterday before the patch and everything was fine.Wish someone would look into it.

4. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'll confirm this is an issue for others as well. Three or four people from my guild crashed. As soon as we walked around a bit, I and others crash and come back dead. Switching to the EC worked fine for me. Two other people use the classic client and no issues.

5. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

you need an older version of tileart.uop in order to not-crash on seeing exodus - I included it in this post if you don't have it - already tested it - it works - exodus was crashing me repeatedly on sight until I went and got a slightly older version of this file from a UO directory I had on another computer

Attached Files:

6. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

This issue is now resolved. Please patch your client.

legendsguy likes this.